Introductory/Background Info

  • Tim N9PUZ
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2009
      Hope this is not out of place here.

      I'm looking for links to some introductory info on BPQ32. My web
      searches turn up lots of hits but it all seems to assume a lot of
      background I don't yet possess. I'm looking for a basic document
      that's along the lines of why I would want to add it, etc. What does
      it do for the local network?

      I run an Winlink gateway and a packet digipeater in Central Illinois.

      Thank you in advance.

      Tim, N9PUZ
    • Art Bertheaume
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2009
        Hi Tim,
          Although some of this material provided at this link is outdated,  it does describe what advantages are gained using a node vs using a digipeater.  The link will bring you to the table of contents of "An Introduction to Packet Radio". Chapter four discusses node and digipeater basics.   Chapter 10 and 11 gives some details on using them.

        73
        Art,  N9ZZK

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2009

          Tim, N9PUZ

          I sent you Documentation, Instructions Examples and G8BPQ Web Site, please let us know if you

          Have any other questions, we will be glad to fill in the gaps.

          Mike Melnik N9PMO

          Web Site: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org