WFBB 7.00 16 Bit

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2009
      Good Morning All

      I have been testing the latest release of the TFWIN.DLL for 16 Bit
      Version of WFBB, 7.00e, g & i, i am running 7.00I with the new DLL,
      processor usage is 3-6% instead of the 100% as before, 7.00I was the
      latest release of the F6FBB series WFBB, it is very stable, The SAT
      Server works fine, 7.00E the Sat Server is NOT Y2K compatible, unlike
      7.01-35 the 7.00 series does NOT create problems with the WPAGE'S
      Bulletin Life Time works, how ever with 7.00 Series you will need to
      use a Port Mapper for DNS Address's, I am using BPQ IPGATEWAY to
      replace Port Mappers, Port Mapper's fail if a Ping in not received
      back from the connecting station, BPQ IPGATEWAY will not fail, i have
      found the IPGATEWAY to be faster with Telnet connections.

      The TFWIN.DLL works with W2K and XP, it does work with W98 and ME but
      processor usage will still be high, but other processes in windows
      environment will be lowered.

      I will place the BPQ IPGATEWAY File and Port.sys file on the refector
      shortly, and are available on my Web Site, my hopes are that BBS
      users will find the 7.00I to be far more reliable then 7.01-35.

      Thanks To John G8BPQ for the hard work in the TFWIN.DLL and the BPQ
      IPGATEWAY.

      If any Help is needed as always feel free to contact me.

      Mike/N9PMO
      Web Site: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org
    • D.Calder
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2009

        I still run WFBB 7.00g  with BPQ after going back to it from WinFBB and BPQ32 to use my DRSI

        cards again. I have never seen this problem but good to know.

        thanks,

        Dave

        n4zkf@...

        www.n4zkf.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 14, 2009
          I, too, am running WFBB 7.00i, but with with BPQ32. I do not use DRSI.
          This is a very
          stable system and my preference of the three Windows FBB versions.

          73, K.O. N0KFQ

          --

          K.O. Higgs
          n0kfq@...