Re: BPQ32 & RMS Tip...Remote Ports

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009
      I did as Jeff suggested and it did clear up the 0.000 MHz listings at
      http://www.winlink.org/dotnet/status/PacketStatus.aspx

      Then I used the feature to define remote ports configuration:

      File>Packet Channels...>Define Report Ports. I did this because my
      RMS application really does not have any radio ports, to get to it by
      radio you use N5IN-14 which is on an adjacent machine on the LAN,
      which does have radio ports.

      At the above website you can find N5IN-5 as well as N5IN-14. The only
      thing missing is the entry for N5IN-14 fails to include the RMS
      software revision number 2.0.0.1.

      I am assuming this is a problem with the RMS software, not BPQ32.

      Ron, N5IN

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Thomas - WA4ZKO" <wa4zko@...> wrote:

      > A tip for those running RMS Packet on top of BPQ32 with non-RF ports.
      > Here is a tip if you would like to clean up the 0.000 MHz "crud"
      > entries on the RMS Packet Status page here:
      >
      > http://www.winlink.org/dotnet/status/PacketStatus.aspx
      >
      > From within RMS Packet's "Packet Channels" page:
      >
      > 1. Note the following settings from your RF port page, probably port
      one:
      > a. Port Frequency
      > b. On-Air Baud Rate
      > c. Power
      > d. antenna direction
      > e. Max Streams
      > f. Packet Length
      > g. Antenna Gain
      > h. Antenna Height above ground
      >
      > 2. Enable all the ports (example AX/IP, L4 Network connections) as you
      > go through updating the above info into each port.
      >
      > 3. Do the usual update button stuff, close and restart.
      >
      > 4. After awhile the crud entries should fade away.
      >
      > I found this after experimenting around trying to get around this
      > cosmetic annoyance. Figured I'd get multiple entries for each
      > freq/call, but was pleasantly surprised when it suddenly cleaned my
      > status page entries up. I haven't tested what happens if you just
      > enable each port in RMS and don't change the info on the non-rf ports.
      >
      > Best I can tell, no harm done by this.
      >
      > 73
      > Jeff
      > WA4ZKO

    • Jeff Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
        Never thought of that approach, good idea! Could be handy for many folks.

        73
        Jeff
        WA4ZKO