RE: [BPQ32] FBB & BPQ RE: KV7J

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

      Otto, I have sent the port.sys, 2 PNG’S along with instructions, Please let me know if you

      Receive them ok, GMail has a habit of removing attachments and/or deleting the E-Mail completely.

      Mike Melnik N9PMO

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

        Otto as I suspected your ISP has rejected my E-Mail, do you have another account

        Other then GMail? If not I can place the same for you in the BPQ Reflector, Files section.

        Mike Melnik N9PMO

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
          Appreciate your help, Mike. I was getting so punchy last night that I answered your E-mail and then saved it as a draft, hence it's arrival this morning.

          Have never fooled with the 32 bit ver so I think I will make that my next goal. You are very correct that the 16 bit version sucks up the processor, no matter how fast the computer, it pegs at 100% and stays there. Will latch on to a copy of 7.00E at work today. My thoughts are that I need a stable base before I start piling stuff on top of it.

          Again appreciate it.

          I have made no attempt to run FBB under AGW. I have a AGW box down at work that I fool with from time to time, mostly to serve out to a computer running FBB. Here lately I have found running Outpost is a much better fit, over a network to FBB. The people I may be dealing with down there may not be that computer literate so the closer I can come to a "E-mail-like" program saves me a lot of questions in exercises and drills. It is a constantly changing thought pattern for me depending on changes in AGW and Outpost.

          I treat the system down there as a single user BBS just to get traffic out of house to a box that is fully configured for forwarding, both telnet and radio. I am usually to busy to be fooling with forwarding problems so it is just best for me to make it someone else's problem. Unfortunately I am about the only peson down there who owns a screwdriver and knows how to use it.

          Working on it!

          On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Mike Melnik <mmelnik1@...> wrote:

          When we talk about 32 Bit version of WinFbb, there is two versions,

          1 WFBB 7.00E 32 Bit

          2 WinFbb 7.01-35 Known as 7.01a

          the 16 bit and 32 Bit 7.00 series are the same, the one big difference is 7.00 16 Bit

          uses 100% of the processor were as the 32 version 7.00E (the only 32 Bit Version)

          will run at about 6%

          now the other version 7.01a I would avoid, it does have several bugs that are un repairable

          unless we can get the source code for the .35

          I will write and send you the Port.sys using BPQ as the first port you can then add the Telnet Ports as needed

          Mike Melnik N9PMO

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
            Don't see them, Mike...

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

              Edward

              The complete 7.00E series with all need files and instructions is available on

              My Web Site, Packet Radio Software, WFBB 7.00E Complete

              Mike Melnik N9PMO

              On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Mike Melnik <mmelnik1@wi. rr.com> wrote:

[...]

              (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009