FBB & BPQ

  • Edward Tune
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
      Greetings all!

      Have been trying for several days to get FBB to play with BPQ with no joy. Am running WFBB and the latest 'g' version of PBQ. Have made the two additions to HKLM, both the FBBUIMask at 3 and FBBAPPL to 3 since that is the port I would like FBB to run under as indicated in BPQCFG.

      Have tried to configure BPQTNC2 and feed FBB into it in an attempt to make it think it was seeing a real TNC and also tried configuring VCOM to do the same  with the result of WFBB tryiny to start but them stating it can not find the BPQ driver. Have never made it past this error.

      I guess the first question is: Is there a FBB to PBQ driver that is not listed in the docs... neaither BPQDLL.DLL or BPQCODE.386 seem to be the answer.

      Curreintly BPQ works fine. I have RMs running under it, beaconing, answering external calls and working with BPQTerm. WFBB is operational on its own. It has been running for about 4 years on this computer.

      Anyone have an idea? I know I am probably about one keystroke away from having it work but I have just found the proper combination.

      Regards;

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009

        Good Evening Edward,

        This will be a bit confusing, depending on what version of WFBB 16 or 32 Bit you are running,

        You need to copy the following from the BPQ32 Related Files:

        bpqdded32.dll

        tfwin.dll

        tfwin32.dll

        To the FBB\BIN folder Replace existing, it is best to make BPQ the Port allocated in FBB, if other then 1st port

        Rename beacon1.sys to same port, example beacon2.sys etc.

        Open FBB Configuration, Communications Configuration (second for last page) Select COM 8, and TFWIN, Save,

        Next, Ports Configuration, (last page) PORT 1 Select COM 8 MUX=Number of Ports set in BPQCFG.txt,

        WA8DED, Gateway, the rest of the settings, NB Ch etc. set as needed, Save Exit, Ether use File, Scan System Files if FB

        Is running or Start FBB, NOTE: if you are using the AGWtoBPQ.EXE Must start First, otherwise WFBB will start BPQ32.dll

        For you.

        The original BPQ/VXD and BPQ selection are no longer valid for BPQ32.

        If you have any problems please feel free to contact me.

        Mike Melnik

        Web Site: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
          Thanks for the quick response, Mike. 2130 local here so will not play with it tonight and leave it for the Friday evening or Saturday. I am one of those guys who has to work tomorrow.

          Never considered the idea of using those dll's or that type of configuration so I am still way in left field, not even close. I have no familiarity with BPQ.

          First quesion, I am currently running WFBB 16 bit. Would it clear things up if I configured and ran WFBB 32?

          V/R

          Otto, KV7J

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

            When we talk about 32 Bit version of WinFbb, there is two versions,

            1 WFBB 7.00E 32 Bit

            2 WinFbb 7.01-35 Known as 7.01a

            the 16 bit and 32 Bit 7.00 series are the same, the one big difference is 7.00 16 Bit

            uses 100% of the processor were as the 32 version 7.00E (the only 32 Bit Version)

            will run at about 6%

            now the other version 7.01a I would avoid, it does have several bugs that are un repairable

            unless we can get the source code for the .35

            I will write and send you the Port.sys using BPQ as the first port you can then add the Telnet Ports as needed

            Mike Melnik N9PMO

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

              Otto, I have sent the port.sys, 2 PNG’S along with instructions, Please let me know if you

              Receive them ok, GMail has a habit of removing attachments and/or deleting the E-Mail completely.

              Mike Melnik N9PMO

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

                Otto as I suspected your ISP has rejected my E-Mail, do you have another account

                Other then GMail? If not I can place the same for you in the BPQ Reflector, Files section.

                Mike Melnik N9PMO

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
                  Appreciate your help, Mike. I was getting so punchy last night that I answered your E-mail and then saved it as a draft, hence it's arrival this morning.

                  Have never fooled with the 32 bit ver so I think I will make that my next goal. You are very correct that the 16 bit version sucks up the processor, no matter how fast the computer, it pegs at 100% and stays there. Will latch on to a copy of 7.00E at work today. My thoughts are that I need a stable base before I start piling stuff on top of it.

                  Again appreciate it.

                  I have made no attempt to run FBB under AGW. I have a AGW box down at work that I fool with from time to time, mostly to serve out to a computer running FBB. Here lately I have found running Outpost is a much better fit, over a network to FBB. The people I may be dealing with down there may not be that computer literate so the closer I can come to a "E-mail-like" program saves me a lot of questions in exercises and drills. It is a constantly changing thought pattern for me depending on changes in AGW and Outpost.

                  I treat the system down there as a single user BBS just to get traffic out of house to a box that is fully configured for forwarding, both telnet and radio. I am usually to busy to be fooling with forwarding problems so it is just best for me to make it someone else's problem. Unfortunately I am about the only peson down there who owns a screwdriver and knows how to use it.

                  Working on it!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
                    Don't see them, Mike...

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

                      Edward

                      The complete 7.00E series with all need files and instructions is available on

                      My Web Site, Packet Radio Software, WFBB 7.00E Complete

                      Mike Melnik N9PMO

                      On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Mike Melnik <mmelnik1@wi. rr.com> wrote:

[...]

                      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009