Re: [BPQ32] Re: OCX Registration procedure problem with W98SE

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2005
      Tony

      Your findings regarding REGSVR32.EXE in W98SE are very helpful. I was
      not able to find a W98SE machine, but I did find a WME machine, and was
      able to duplicate your findings. I have also been searching on
      Microsofts site and so far have not come across anything that would
      indicate that REGSVR32.EXE cannot be involked from a batch file. I
      would have expected this would have been mentioned somewhere, as it
      appears to be the case. So I am still researching this matter and if
      nothing else will have to come up with instructions on how to do this
      procedure 'by hand' on W95/W98/WME machines. Of course if someone can
      find where Microsoft explains this it would be nice!

      As to 'Listening Sesions' and 'Application Mask' in AGWtoBPQ.exe here is
      a summary:

      Application Mask is a bit mask applicable to the parm APPLICATIONS= in
      bpqcfg.txt. The only non zero value currently functional is 1, which
      corresponds to the first positional parm in APPLICATIONS=, which
      corresponds to the 'BBS' user application (and the call BBSCALL=). An
      example would be AR-Cluster, wherein the first positional parm would
      sensibly be 'DX'. That is what you will find in the provided bpqcfg.txt
      file. Values higher than 1 will require further enhancements to BPQ32
      (you would need a BBSCALL1 a BBSCALL2). A nice enhancement for the
      future, but for now defaulting this to 1 seems reasonable to me.

      Listening Sessions is the maximum number of incoming connections. The
      total number available is as I recall 63, however some are needed for
      outgoing connections and apparently a couple for internal use (I don't
      know the details on that). So I should probably have recommended a
      larger number than 10, such as 32 (which I am pulling out of the air).
      I think Ill change my set up to a higher number tomorrow.

      Don't think Ill get much done on the REGSVR32 issue this weekend.....

      Ron, N5IN