mail forwarding

  • Edward Weber
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2014
      mike this is my script for sending to jnos bbs

      idletime 60
      att3 c n0mr 206.51.194.209 .w9aba.ed
      i get it to connect but it hangs and times out  need help
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2014

        Ed

        Close,

        idletime 60

        att 3

        c 206.51.194.209 .w9aba ed

        This should do it, let me know

        Mike N9PMO
        BPQ32 Group Moderator
        www.n9pmo.com

      • Edward Weber
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30, 2014
          mike it connect ok but the mail don't go out  it stays in n0mr box the mail don't get delivered

          On Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:55 PM, "'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32]" <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Ed

          Close,

          idletime 60
          att 3
          c 206.51.194.209 .w9aba ed

          This should do it, let me know

          Mike N9PMO
          BPQ32 Group Moderator

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30, 2014
            Ed

            I missed the port you are connecting on, try changing using the NEEDLF and
            23
            I forward with the same partner via node, I just changed it to Telnet all 40
            pending messages went fine

            idletime 60
            att 3
            NEEDLF
            c 206.51.194.209 23 .w9aba ed

            Mike N9PMO
            BPQ32 Group Moderator
            www.n9pmo.com
          • Edward Weber
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30, 2014
              mike that worked thanks for the help  one more thing  i have for a forwarding partner  now if i send mail @bbs
              do i send it v your station or well the mail server pickup on that like if i want to send mail to someone in a diff
              country  would i use the h-address  would this go v your station
              Ed w9aba

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 30, 2014
                Ed

                Any Personal message that is going to be sent from a BBS one of two
                criteria's need to be met, either the Call Sign of the party you want to
                send a message to needs to
                Have a route from your BBS direct or indirect in the TO Calls:

                If you do not have a path and assuming I do have a path and this is the hard
                part to know, that is if a partner or I have a path one way or another with
                the message call sign you intend to send, so if you want to send a message
                that you do not have a direct path with you can add that call in the manage
                forward/N9PMO TO Calls:

                The second way would by adding the message minus the call sign in the HR
                Personal and Directed Bulls of the N9PMO forwarding file, BPQ Mail Server
                will use best match to the H Route then send it to my BBS then from mine on,
                I think it is better to add the Call Sign in the TO Calls:

                The down side of this method is if you were going to send many messages to
                different call signs they all would need to be in the TO Calls:, how ever if
                their H Routes are the same again it will use best match and send it to my
                BBS or other.

                A very big misconception is the White Pages, many think if the message call
                sign they are sending is in the WP'S the BBS will automatically sends it,
                and if this was only the truth it would be great.

                Most BBS'S let the sysop know of an unknown route, at this point I have to
                try to find a path for the message, this is not an easy task but I do try
                and usually manage to get the message sent.

                I think to simplify the direction of a message is if the sender would
                include the path, by this I mean if the sender was node hopping then makes
                the BBS connection and sends the message after he/she make the connection to
                the BBS, this is very rare to see, if I knew the complete path I can get the
                return message sent.

                John G8BPQ uses a different approach in his BBS to help aid forwarding.

                I hope this helps some, it is easy for me to understand, but not so easy to
                explain.

                Just take you time Ed, you will get the hang of it.

                Mike N9PMO
                BPQ32 Group Moderator