CHAT problem

  • Mark Milburn
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3 6:51 PM
      Today I find I cannot use CHAT in my usual way.  My system has somehow been altered so that when I connect to CHAT, I end up instead in something called FASTCHAT at VE9MPF.

      Has anyone else had this happen?

      Any ideas on how to get out of this and get back to normal?  I have rebooted the computer and restarted BPQ but that did not solve the problem.

      Thanks for any  help.

      73  Mark   KQ0i
      Maquoketa,  Iowa      USA

    • wu3v

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3 7:50 PM
          Mark

          More then likely Your chat alias is the same as Steve's VE9MPF Fast Chat,
          his quality must be high enough for you to access it, with your BPQ Terminal
          type N VE3MPF* this should show you Steve's Sub Call's once you know his
          Fast Chat
          Call sign you can lock his fast chat call at 1 above your AXIP Port MINQUAL.

          If you are running the latest version of BPQ/WIN again using BPQ terminal
          Enter password, (all one word) enter, then Node Del the call sign Steve is
          using for fast chat, this will also lower his Alias quality.

          I didn't think anyone was using fast chat anymore, it is always a good idea
          to use you the sysop's call in part, ea. PMOCHT to avoid this problem.

          Let me know if you still have problem.

          73

          Mike N9PMO
          BPQ32 Group Moderator
          www.n9pmo.com
        • Charles Brabham

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3 9:57 PM
                It is a house a ham lives next door so we may arm each other. Lol

                I will send more is we get the house. I am thinking about a gap vertical. Had one in Montana it worked very well.

                Might  get going on bpq32 Linux  in 10 days or so.
                73 Jim

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4 8:21 AM

                  Charles

                  Fast chat was a program that was used before John come out with the BPQMailChat, Mark

                  Did send me a packet and Steve and Mark use the same alias, so that was what was going

                  On.

                  Mike N9PMO
                  BPQ32 Group Moderator
                  www.n9pmo.com

                • Charles Brabham
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4 8:45 AM
                    Thanks Mike,

                    I was curious as I didn't remember hearing of it.

                    73 DE Charles, N5PVL