RE: [BPQ32] Re: Kantronics Host Mode Emulator for BPQ32

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008

      I remember now what I did, I had to trick Packlink MP in to thinking it was talking with

      AGWPE, by placing a copy of the AGWPE.INI in the BPQ Root Folder, then select

      AGWPE in Packlink MP, navigating it to the AGWtoBPQ.EXE, I will have to try it here

      Again, and see if an application mask is needed in the AGWtoBPQ.EXE, will work on

      It tomorrow.

      Mike Melnik N9PMO

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
        Winlink Classic packet doesn't use Paclink.

        ... Duane N7QDN

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, K <kg5ks@...> wrote:

        > Paclink uses kiss mode, not host mode I believe.
        >
        > Thank you
        > 73
        > Kenny
        > KG5KS
        > DEC B AR
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Bill Vodall WA7NWP
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
          On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 3:22 PM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
          > Hi Folks,
          >
          > I've written a program which allows programs designed to use a
          > Kantronics TNC in Host Mode to interface to BPQ32. So far it works
          > with Airmail and RMS Packet, but not Paclink. Is anyone interested in
          > assisting with testing?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > John G8BPQ

          This should really open up things with Airmail. It'll let us use
          multiple applications with one TNC - this is very cool!!!

          Bill - WA7NWP
        • Jerry - N9LYA
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2008

            Hi Kenny… It does use host mode only way to use a KISS TNC is to use AGWPE or AGWtoBPQ.EXE that is why it only works directly with certain TNCs

            Hows things  73 jerry

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2008
              Duane,

              Looks like an interesting challenge!

              But before I start, what would be the advantages of using DED mode?

              If there is any chance of talking with a Winlink Classic Packet
              window using the "WA8DED Host Mode" setting rather than "Command
              Mode", I'm game. Thanks for the slick enhancements in today's
              release.

              ... Duane N7QDN

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@ ...> wrote:

              > Hi Folks,
              >
              > I've written a program which allows programs designed to use a
              > Kantronics TNC in Host Mode to interface to BPQ32. So far it works
              > with Airmail and RMS Packet, but not Paclink. Is anyone interested in
              > assisting with testing?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > John G8BPQ

            • dshults
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 10, 2008
                John,
                Using the Command Mode selection in Winlink Classic with local
                ethernet connections through BPQ (to SNOS) frequently has
                problems. Direct RF connections through BPQ work fine. It may
                have to do with the higher speed that Winlink wasn't designed
                for. Sessions sometimes end with errors because the RTS function
                does not appear to be working. Data just keeps on flowing when
                it should stop. I thought using the other mode may help.

                ... Duane N7QDN

                > Duane,
                >
                > Looks like an interesting challenge!
                >
                > But before I start, what would be the advantages of using DED mode?

                Behalf Of
                > dshults
                > Sent: 10 December 2008 00:47
                > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Kantronics Host Mode Emulator for BPQ32
                >

                > John,
                > If there is any chance of talking with a Winlink Classic Packet
                > window using the "WA8DED Host Mode" setting rather than "Command
                > Mode", I'm game. Thanks for the slick enhancements in today's
                > release.
                >
                > ... Duane N7QDN
                >
                > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                com, "John
                > Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Folks,
                > >
                > > I've written a program which allows programs designed to use a
                > > Kantronics TNC in Host Mode to interface to BPQ32. So far it
                works
                > > with Airmail and RMS Packet, but not Paclink. Is anyone
                interested in
                > > assisting with testing?
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > John G8BPQ

              • Howard Z.
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 10, 2008
                  Thanks Mike,

                  With your hints I got Paclink to work via AGWtoBPQ to BPQ.

                  First, one must have AGWPE installed. Run it and configure a port.

                  Second copy the AGWPE.INI and port0.ini files from AGWPE's folder to
                  the BPQ folder.

                  Third, copy the port0.ini to port1.ini, port2.ini etc. for the number
                  of BPQ ports one has configured.

                  Fourth, edit the port0.ini,port1.ini,port2.ini files to put something
                  descriptive into it - like "BPQ AXIP port" or "BPQ TNC-X port" per
                  your BPQ configuration.

                  Fifth, copy AGWtoBPQ.EXE to be "AGW Packet Engine.exe", and leave both
                  exe files in BPQ's folder.

                  Now, run Paclink
                  a. - In Paclink set the folder it expects AGWPE to be in to be the BPQ
                  folder.
                  b. - In Paclink configure the AGWPE channels
                  c. - When you try to connect to an AGWPE channel, Paclink will
                  automatically start the "AGW Packet Engine.exe" file which is really
                  AGWtoBPQ.exe
                  d. - Configure AGWtoBPQ.exe's MASK - "0x0" works ok.

                  Howard
                  N3ZH