WINMOR NOT WORKING

  • kj6ix_4
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18, 2014
      I'M TRYING TO GET MY WINMOR WORKING. OS IS WINDOWS-7
      WINMOR TNC APPLICATION RUNNING
      HERE IS MY WINMOR DEFINITION FROM MY CFG FILE
      I HAVE TRIED TO CONNECT FROM 2 DIFFERENT STATIONS WITH
      NO SUCCESS. IS THERE A SETTING THAT I HAVE OVER LOOKED ?

      DALE KJ6IX

      ; WINMOR Definition.

      PORT
       PORTNUM=7
       ID=Winmor 7104.500 MHZ USB
       TYPE=EXTERNAL
       DLLNAME=WINMOR.dll
       CONFIG

      ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PATH D:\BPQ32\Winmor\Winmor TNC 1.1.8.0
       CWID True
       DEBUGLOG True
       LOG True
       BW 1600
       DRIVELEVEL 100
       MODE Auto
       ROBUST False
       SHOW False
       BUSYLOCK False
       MAXCONREQ 9

       WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, KJ6IX, DM08DV, 00-23, 7104500, WINMOR1600
       WL2KREPORT BPQNET, www.winlink.org, 8778, KJ6IX-3, DM08DV, 00-23,7104500, WINMOR1600

      ENDPORT

    • n9acq
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2014

        Dale

                        Try changing I n the Path operand from “\WINMOR TNC 1.1.8.0” to “\WINMOE TNC.exe” or the actual name of the WINMOR TNC executable file.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

      • kj6ix_4
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18, 2014
          Thanks Bill
          I did change the part to the executable file ! thanks that works but still
          no joy !... also I'm using the signalink usb for the interface.... on the water fall
          display I do show the station calling me ! but my bpq32 / winmor will not respond !
          I also have tried going ATT 7   C KJ6IX to my stand alone test station, replies but
          my bpq / winmor show it calling on the water fall display but that is as far as it go's...

          If I can get my bpq / winmor side to respond then I think all will be ok...

          DALE KJ6IX
        • n9acq
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 18, 2014

            Dale

                            Is the red PTT indicator in the Signalink on while you are attempting to transmit? What do the ALC and power out meters read while attempting to transmit? Another major problem may be if you do not have the Signalink on when you boot the PC the Signal ink may not be the device WINMOR in using. WINMOR TNC may be reverting to the only sound device available, internal sound system.

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

          • mitchwinkle
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 18, 2014
              You can also start the WINMOR tnc program before BPQ32 to ensure it's already running.  I never got BPQ32 to start the WINMOR tnc via the port definition.

              Most Signalink issues are not enough audio level from the PC if they won't trigger the PTT.  I have done what you are doing and it worked quite well.  The only issue I had was not enough audio level INTO the Signalink for PTT.  This can be a very frustrating issue in Windows unless you just leave the PC on.  ALSO, don't make the Signalink your default audio device.  Follow the Tigertronics instructions to the letter.
            • kj6ix_4
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 18, 2014
                I would like to thank everyone for the ideas. With a little reading the Doc's and well this is what I ended up doing. I did try a reinstall BPQ32 and that did not work. I then blew out the winmor files and down loaded a copy from the winlink site. installed and set up the paths. I found my old copy of my cfg file that I had saved from last year. (help from KE7XO Thanks !)
                with a few little changes to my cfg file and BANG ! up and running !!!

                73's to All  KJ6IX
              • mitchwinkle
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 22, 2014
                  Yachtzee!  Congratulations.  I really like WINMOR.  Can't wait for the open Linux version that's supposed to be in the works.  Have fun!