Question about WL2K messages

  • mitchwinkle
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 17 1:36 PM
      I sent a message from a "club" system to my winlink address and then I picked it up from my own BPQ BBS via the CMS port "linkage".

      Here's my question.

      Why does the return address get converted to a hierachical packet address when it came from a winlink system?

      Is it possible that the sending client system puts in a "reply-to" somehow?

      Here's the example:

      Sent message using AirMail from N4xyz@... to AC4IY@....  Sent fine.

      Went home, polled my email in Thunderbird and my BPQ system fetched the Winlink message fine for me and I got a message in my inbox, but the return address (or FROM:) is N4xyz@N4xyz.#RICH.VA.USA.NOAM.  If I attempt a reply, it wants to send it via packet obviously.  This isn't correct.  It should send the way it came.

      If the AirMail client is setting a "Reply-to" address I need to know for sure so it can be set properly or we will have a confusing mess when dealing with Winlink messages.

      Does anyone know if AirMail even has this capability?

    • mitchwinkle
      Message 48 of 48 , Aug 9, 2014
        John,

        Excellent!  That will make the config very simple.  using the SIMPLE template, a Telnet port with CMS and a TNC port.  It's a beautiful thing!

        Mitch

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <john.wiseman@...> wrote :

        Mitch,

        Yes, if a WL2K client connects directly to the CMS then there is no need for the RMS user. But if you want a BBS user to be able to send to an internet address, you need it. If you aren’t running a BBS then it doesn’t apply.