HTML Page Problem

  • w4jpa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2014

      John et al

      I have had to reset up my RPi + TNC_pi etc after lightning took out the old units.

      Everything working fine re the RMS Gate function and OTA access to the BBS functions. But using the Web to access the control panel  [Mail Server Pages] is seeing a heap problems. Some page are showing "Cannot be displayed'. Under [users] my call sign does not show any details and very very frequently I get "Sorry - have to restart the session" (I.E log in again). Hmm!

      John I would like to give you my URL and log on details to see this but nervous doing this in a public place. I'm qrz so if you email me (I can't find your email address) I'll let you have them. In the meantime I am going to look for the old HTNL pages I hopefully archived somewhere.

      73

    • w4jpa
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2014

        Replying to my own post to stand folks down

        Went back to OLD HTML pages AND OLD linbpq = Perfect.

        Then re-downloaded (whilst in the Rpi) the newer pilinbpq and HTML pages unzipped etc etc and again things worked out perfectly. Last time I downloaded and unzipped on a Windows machine then copied stuff over. I'm thinking this may have introduced some of those DOS/Unix CR/LF problems. Phew - glad this is sorted out. :)

      • Charles Brabham
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2014
          The polling function that causes the BPQ node to poll local NetRom nodes
          every few minutes has made me persona non-grata with the local NetRom
          node SYSOP, who doesn't want his system stressed my constant activity -
          to no rational or useful purpose.

          I tried the commands shared with me by Mike to allegedly get BPQ to cut
          this activity out - and at best it works for a few hours and then goes
          right back to it again.

          Finally, I had to cut out the BPQ32 node function altogether, as this
          turned out to be the only way to get BPQ32 to stop this behavior.

          The BBS without node support does not show up on local node lists, but
          this is a small price to pay, in order to finally get my reputation back
          with the local Packet folks.

          If BPQ32 ever does get a working option to turn the polling 'feature'
          off, I'll be glad to go back to supporting NetRom node services - but
          not until then.

          73 DE Charles, N5PVL
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 2014
            Charles

            I sure we covered this but just to make sure the spelling correct,
            NOKEEPALIVES=1 Yes with a S at the end, I usually place it right under the
            SYNC or DLLTYPE I don't think it really makes a difference where it is
            placed.

            Now the important part is after adding NOKEEPALIVES=1 you need to clear all
            nodes, if you are running the latest version of BPQ32 V 6.0.7.1

            Using BPQ Terminal, first type password (all one word) (enter) then type
            NODE DEL ALL this will clear all nodes, if the BPQNODES.DAT file isn't
            cleared in one way or the other the Node will still continue to poll, if you
            are running a previous
            Version of BPQ32 shut down all BPQ programs including FBB if you are running
            it,
            Make sure the bpq32.exe has shut down by using the task manager, then open
            the
            BPQ32 Configuration folder, delete the BPQNODE.DAT folder.

            Restart programs as usual, the next time BPQ is restarted the BPQNODES.DAT
            will be there, so no worries it will start saving nodes right a way.

            One exception, AEA TNC'S and possibility MFJ have a function to cause nodes
            broadcast to be active, I do not remember the command but it does over ride
            the NOKEEPALIVES=1 some how.

            I used to have a station in Michigan and with a band opening the polling
            would start all over again, very aggravating.

            Either True Nodes or NETROMS added to a TNC will cause the polling.

            Let me know how you turn out.

            Mike N9PMO
            BPQ32 Group Moderator