FWD with N0ARY

  • n4zkf
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 4, 2014

      Anyone forward with Gary? I can't seem to get a connect script down correct to work since I went to BPQ on the telnet side. I have

      idletime 60

      att 2

      c (ip address) (port) (BBS as he needs to see this) (my callsign)

      This doesn't work. Any ideas are appreciated.

      Dave n4zkf

    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 4, 2014
        c (ip address) (port) (BBS as he needs to see this) (my callsign)
        I think it should be (assuming Gary is running BPQbbs also):
        c (ip address) (port) (my callsign) (password) (BBS as he needs to see this)

        73,  K.O.

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

      • n4zkf
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 4, 2014
          Unfortunately he is not K.O. He runs [TCP-N0ARY-4.1.1]

          Dave

        • K.O. Higgs

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 4, 2014
              Dave

              You are close

              Idletime 60
              Att 60
              C ip or host port user call password application

              Or

              Idletime 60
              Att 2
              C ip or host port user call password
              C BBS Call sign and SSID if used

              Ea.

              Idletime 60
              Att 2
              C ve3uil.dyndns.xxx 8012 n9pmo password
              C ve3uil-x

              If you can't find his contact info try send Bill KG6BAJ a packet message,
              Bill will probably know.

              Mike N9PMO
              BPQ32 Group Moderator

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 4, 2014
                I got it to connect and even get his prompt now. But my BBS doesn't do anything once it sees his prompt. Mine just sits there.

                Dave

              • Charles Brabham

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 4, 2014
                    Dave

                    Try the following:

                    Idletime 60
                    att 2
                    NEEDLF
                    C host port call password application

                    NEEDLF causes the BBS to send CRLF at the end of each script line instead of
                    just CR, but it doesn't invoke Telnet transparency

                    Hopefully this will start the hand shaking, I have problems with JNOS
                    telnet, if you can send a capture of the connection to either John or I,
                    John needs to see what takes place to try to solve the problem.

                    Mike N9PMO
                    BPQ32 Group Moderator
                    I got it to connect and even get his prompt now. But my BBS doesn't do
                    anything once it sees his prompt. Mine just sits there.

                    Dave
                  • Harold Kinchelow

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 5, 2014

                        Dave,

                        The Telnet option in BPQ was designed to connect to FBB. If you can get a wireshark trace of a successful connect, and one of BPQ failing I may be able to see what is different.

                        Alternatively if you send me the details of the BBS you are trying to connect to I can try if from here.

                        73, John

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 5, 2014
                          I'll send you the script I use to your email John and show you what I get. I got the connect now. Maybe if I can get him to change something in his prompt for BPQBBS to notice it's a BBS it would help.

                          I'm also going to tell him to try and connect to me.

                          BTW, saw you on 20 Meters yesterday K.O. The band has been crappy. I'm going to remove my old FT-840 from the 20 port today and move an IC-7000 I have in the closet to it. I think my 840 is getting old. :(

                          Thanks John

                          Dave
                          n4zkf
                        • n4zkf
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 5, 2014
                            No or I would do it that way over telnet. He is using ARY 4.1.1
                          • n4zkf
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 5, 2014
                              Yea, he's behind on upkeep for sure Charlie.
                            • K.O. Higgs
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 5, 2014
                                Thanks, Dave... I'm trying to keep that hf link active, but have an axudp for backup.

                                73,  K.O.
                                On 7/5/2014 5:36 AM, n4zkf@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                                I'll send you the script I use to your email John and show you what I get. I got the connect now. Maybe if I can get him to change something in his prompt for BPQBBS to notice it's a BBS it would help.

                                I'm also going to tell him to try and connect to me.

                                BTW, saw you on 20 Meters yesterday K.O. The band has been crappy. I'm going to remove my old FT-840 from the 20 port today and move an IC-7000 I have in the closet to it. I think my 840 is getting old. :(

                                Thanks John

                                Dave
                                n4zkf

                                --

                                K.O. Higgs
                                n0kfq@...

                              • ag6qo
                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 12, 2014
                                  Are you able to connect to N0ARY via  axudp? I am having the same issue. N0ARY continues to be a bay area routing hub and I'd like to stay in his loop. But I cannot connect to him via telnet from BPQ either.
                                  Via FBB I successfully forward via telnet with him, using:
                                  V bbs AG6QO

                                  This works which I thought would translate to
                                  C domain.name.org portno AG6QO bbs

                                  But no go. I tried every combination of B1/Binary .callsign NEEDLF I can think of.

                                  Joe