RE: Callsign Registration procedure

  • Tony Hunt
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2005
      John . Ive forwarded direct to you a zipped copy of Digi_ned for Win. This
      one is Beta only at this stage but Henk is
      happy for you to mess with this .. Let me know if you have problems getting
      this and I will put it up on a web site and send you a URL if that helps.
      Its just over 1 Meg

      As I said its failing the callsign registration process. Its more likely
      that its the return response thats the problem.

      Just on this subject
      > AGWtoBPQ does process the 'X' command, but as BPQ32 has it's callsigns
      > predefined, it does nothing with the suppled call. So the callsign being
      > registered should be the BPQ Nodecall.

      I remember a while back working with Ted G8NPF on Sally and BPQ32 .
      He did some tricks with the RAW command (going from memory) to send unproto
      frames out with a callsign which was
      different to the Node Call. I dont understand the RAW command but I get the
      impression you can
      construct frames from the ground up with paths and callsigns etc. Perhaps
      this is an answer to being
      able to Register a callsign which does not match the NodeCall and send
      frames out with it ?

      Happy sailing John

      Tony VK5AH

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2005
        Tony

        Your findings regarding REGSVR32.EXE in W98SE are very helpful. I was
        not able to find a W98SE machine, but I did find a WME machine, and was
        able to duplicate your findings. I have also been searching on
        Microsofts site and so far have not come across anything that would
        indicate that REGSVR32.EXE cannot be involked from a batch file. I
        would have expected this would have been mentioned somewhere, as it
        appears to be the case. So I am still researching this matter and if
        nothing else will have to come up with instructions on how to do this
        procedure 'by hand' on W95/W98/WME machines. Of course if someone can
        find where Microsoft explains this it would be nice!

        As to 'Listening Sesions' and 'Application Mask' in AGWtoBPQ.exe here is
        a summary:

        Application Mask is a bit mask applicable to the parm APPLICATIONS= in
        bpqcfg.txt. The only non zero value currently functional is 1, which
        corresponds to the first positional parm in APPLICATIONS=, which
        corresponds to the 'BBS' user application (and the call BBSCALL=). An
        example would be AR-Cluster, wherein the first positional parm would
        sensibly be 'DX'. That is what you will find in the provided bpqcfg.txt
        file. Values higher than 1 will require further enhancements to BPQ32
        (you would need a BBSCALL1 a BBSCALL2). A nice enhancement for the
        future, but for now defaulting this to 1 seems reasonable to me.

        Listening Sessions is the maximum number of incoming connections. The
        total number available is as I recall 63, however some are needed for
        outgoing connections and apparently a couple for internal use (I don't
        know the details on that). So I should probably have recommended a
        larger number than 10, such as 32 (which I am pulling out of the air).
        I think Ill change my set up to a higher number tomorrow.

        Don't think Ill get much done on the REGSVR32 issue this weekend.....

        Ron, N5IN