MailChat POP error

  • kg7av
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2014
      I run Thunderbird on my BPQ32 server and take advantage of the message filtering with ability to parse message subject line, in conjunction with "reply with template" feature, in order to provide a document autoresponder to my packet and winmor users.   Was running great on 1.4.54.X.  Just updated system to 1.4.60.1 and now seeing a an error when the POP client connects (trace below). The same error is generating for two different POP users on the autoresponder client.

      <USER XXXXXX
      >+OK please send PASS command
      <PASS XXXXXXXXXX
      >+OK Authenticated
      <STAT
      >+OK 1 165
      <LIST
      !MAILCHAT *** Program Error c0000005 at 42c64e in TrytoSend EAX 7 EBX c7aeb2 ECX c7ef00 EDX 0 ESI c7ae80 EDI 55
      <USER YYYYYYY
      >+OK please send PASS command
      <PASS YYYYYYYYYYY
      >+OK Authenticated
      <STAT
      >+OK 1 169
      <LIST
      !MAILCHAT *** Program Error c0000005 at 42c64e in TrytoSend EAX 7 EBX c7baf2 ECX c7ef10 EDX 0 ESI c7bac0 EDI 55

      Have tried re-indexing, cold boots, blowing away the local users and recreating, etc.  Thanks in advance.

      73 / Ray

    • kg7av
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2014
        The issue seems to be either a different character set tolerance, or vestigial data in the internal dbase password field.    I once again blew away the two users, recreating using blank passwords - and it all worked fine.   I then added new passwords, and all working fine.  So issue resolved.  Will be interesting to see if anyone else using POP functionality with passwords on accounts runs into similar issue with upgrade to 60.
      • kg7av
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2014
          Issue resolved.  Appears to be linked to vestigial data in the user dbase password field during update?   Once again blew away the two POP user accounts in mailchat and recreated with no (blank) passwords.  Interface with TBird started working again. Then added new passwords in user profiles, restarted all, and still working.  Odd, since the error in the trace seemed more linked to the UIDL / LIST sequence vs the AUTH sequence.  But whatever breaks the logjam.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2014

            Ray,

            I did make some changes to the LIST command processing in 1.4.58.1, so it is possible there is a problem lurking there. I'll look into it.

            73, John