How can the same program not talk to each other????

  • n4zkf
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 23, 2014

      BPQ up and running (easy, been running it for 25 years) BPQMAIL, NADA. Someone can connect (including me in a BPQ window and do a BBS command and it says it's not running try again later. Same thing if another BBS or user comes in yet I can FWD out and get bulls from other BBS's.

      What stupid little thing have I missed since the new .cfg is different than the old one? Maybe after 25 years it's time to hang it up and let someone else get into it. I have a ton of DRSI's that you can't get ISA slots for now anyway. I have been at this 8 hours today and about to throw a puter in the street.

      73 Dave

      n4zkf

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014

        Dave,

        The most likely thing is that the Application Number set in the BBS config doesn't match the APPLICATION line in bpq32.cfg. Note that unlike many applications which use an Application Mask, BPQBBS and Chat use application numbers.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
          Thanks, any examples?

          73 Dave

        • n4zkf
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
            Yep! I changed the # in the BBS and that did it,. Thanks,.
          • Charles Brabham
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
              N5PVL BBS on 10.145.5 USB +1000 in 5XPSK63R mode every day until 0200 UTC.

              Amateurs have wanted to move BBS operation beyond 300 baud Packet for
              years... Well, here's your opportunity. - Will you avail yourself of it,
              now that it is here?

              73 DE Charles, N5PVL
            • david
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
                Charles - does it require a modem ?

                Virus Checked before sending
                Dave Morris (GM3YEW)
                GM3YEW @ GB7YEW
                077 78 78 1907

                73 de Dave

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014

                  No you can use Fldigi to access it.

                  73 Mike N1AMD Strafford County ARES digital trainer.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
                    I am using:

                    FLDIGI v 3.21.81AJ-KISS08-Log

                    and

                    G8BPQ Mail Server Version 1.4.60.1

                    I can send a copy of my BPQ config file upon request. It requires special versions of FLDIGI and BPQ32.

                    73 DE Charles, N5PVL

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
                      Thanks Charles - I take it that it uses the computer sound card and not a modem ?

                      gm3yew

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
                        Yes, it is soundcard-based with a variety of modems to choose from. MFSK32 is good for weaker paths, 5XPSK63R is good for speed on stronger paths. - You can specify different modems for different forwarding partners. Using RXid, your systen changes modes to respond to whoever is connecting with you.

                        73 DE Charles, N5PVL

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
                          I'm even more confused now !

                           Is the modem connected to a RS232 port with the modem in KISS or does the rig get connected to the audio in/out of the computer ?

                           I have a system here running AGWpe and the rig is fed directly from my sound card - no modem involved. The PTT is from the parallel port on the computer.

                          My other system has an MFJ1274 in KISS mode and is fed RS232 levels from a (RS232) serial port. The modem is then connected to the rig and supplies audio in/out and PTT.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014

                          Both BPQ32 and FLdigi  are connected using UDP/IP and the KISS protocol. No serial port required.  BPQ32  and Fldigi can run on the same or two different computers.

                          Fldigi operates as it always has. The difference is the bridge between BPQ32 and FLDIGI.

                          Robert

                          Message 13 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014

                            Dave,

                            Just a question of terminology. With FLDIGI the various modulation modes are called modems. All you need is the soundcard interface, as used for AGWPE. There is no hardware modem.

                            73, John

                            Message 14 of 14 , Jun 24, 2014
                              Thanks John

                              Following the exchange with Charles, I went to Pro Google and started to realise certain details (which you have now confirmed). With my gear all over the house, I will need to get myself organised if I am to pursue this any further ....

                              73