AE5E and EMails - I'm Confused ?

  • zl4ax
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2014

       Many thanks MIKE for replying to my personal email to Ron (?)   How did that happen?

      I've had no reply from Ron.  I sent him a personal email from my home here in New Zealand, to his home in USA.   But I've just logged onto this BPQ Yahoo Group for the first time in many months, and found my email to Ron POSTED HERE.   What the heck's going on ?   How does an email end up diverted to a public noticeboard thousands of miles away, hi hi !  Anyhow, not a problem, and in this case, very helpful because I received my answer from another friend, Mike.

      But I'm still confused............    (I have a very small brain).

      I'll change my routing to Ron's Cluster right away.  I wonder how come he changed it without notifying his users?    (and why is the system re-routing Ron's connections to a disfunctional node system in Canada?)   Weird.

      Thanks again

      Paul  ZL4AX

    • n5in_ron
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2014
        Paul

        I don't recall getting a direct e-mail from you.

        I have reconfigured my CC-Cluster, changing the call from AE5E-2 to just AE5E.  This change is reflected in my nodes broadcasts, although the change does take a little time to propagate.

        Beyond that I have no idea!

        Ron, AE5E
      • zl4ax
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2014

          Hi Ron, thanks for that.

          A very strange occurrence indeed!   I'm amazed that an email sent to your private address should end up here, and not at your place, hi !    Anyhow, no harm done, and I got the answer I was looking for, so all's well.

          I'll change my shortcut to your cluster and I'll email the other ZL Gateway sysop to let him know so he can do the same.   Feel free to contact us direct if you're planning changes that require action.

          Thanks for the help.

          mni 73

          Paul ZL4AX