Forward script

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30, 2014
      I am trying to use "ELSE" in a forward script..
      Why does this not work?

      IDLETIME 60
      C 5 DABBBS-1
      ELSE
      C 2 DABFLA
      BBS

      It will try the first connect, but when that fails, it will not try the second connect.
      It disconnects instead..

      K.O. n0kfq

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30, 2014
        I found the problem...
        IDLETIME was set too short.

        K.O. n0kfq
        On 5/30/2014 11:29 AM, 'K.O. Higgs' n0kfq@... [BPQ32] wrote:

        I am trying to use "ELSE" in a forward script..
        Why does this not work?

        IDLETIME 60
        C 5 DABBBS-1
        ELSE
        C 2 DABFLA
        BBS

        It will try the first connect, but when that fails, it will not try the second connect.
        It disconnects instead..

        K.O. n0kfq

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

      • Don Poaps
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30, 2014
          I have the same issue

          I have two stations setup for HF.
          I can see only 1 station being call
          ATT 5
          C WU3V
          ELSE
          ATT
          RC WU3V

          The other is

          ATT 5
          C N0XR
          ELSE
          ATT 5
          RC N0XR-1

          I only get c wu3v

          Still trying to get this to talk via HF

          Don va7dgp

          Sent from my iPhone

          On May 30, 2014, at 9:29 AM, "'K.O. Higgs' n0kfq@... [BPQ32]" <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          I am trying to use "ELSE" in a forward script..
          Why does this not work?

          IDLETIME 60
          C 5 DABBBS-1
          ELSE
          C 2 DABFLA
          BBS

          It will try the first connect, but when that fails, it will not try the second connect.
          It disconnects instead..

          K.O. n0kfq

          --

          K.O. Higgs
          n0kfq@...

        • Chuck Gould

            Message 5 of 8 , May 30, 2014
              The available commands in the connect script as follows:
              Idletime nn (60 seconds is minimum) if you set lower it will default to
              IDLETIME in bpq32.cfg Global section usually 900 seconds.

              Att (attach Telnet port or used with Winmor
              NEEDLF (Sends a Line Feed for systems needed a LF to start file
              transfer)
              PAUSE nn (used for Rig Control to have time to change frequencies)
              ELSE

              These commands can also be used for the WL2K CMS Server, if Internet was
              To drop, you can add a reachable RF station that still has an Internet
              connection,
              PAUSE nn may be also used for your HF stations Rig control to have time
              To change frequencies.

              If WL2K Server lost internet connections I am not sure that the WL2K group
              Has an active & monitoring HF station/stations?

              There are a few more command options, I will add in the Telnet setup
              instructions on the BPQ32 Reflector Files section, just haven't had time
              yet.

              ELSEIF is FBB

              Just a NOTE: I have tested BPQ BBS forwarding script with a couple of
              stations, making the Telnet connection first, if first connect fails then an
              AXIP/RF connection or visa versa Example testing with VE3UIL

              Idletime 60
              Att 3
              c ve3uil.host FBBPORT n9pmo password bpqbbs
              else
              Idletime 90
              c 2 ve3uil-1

              Optional connect using c ve3uil-1 instead of bpqbbs

              Idletime 60
              Att 3
              c ve3uil.host FBBPORT n9pmo password
              c ve3uil-1
              ELSE
              Idletime 90
              c ve3uil-1

              (Third party) NODE/BBS connection via Telnet to an unreachable BBS at
              sender's station end, that may not have ether AXIP/RF/ Node or Telnet with
              may be added, in other words, my station doesn't have an AXIP/RF or Telnet
              connection with VE7ABC,
              and VE3UIL does have a connection with VE7ABC, BPQ Telnet is very flexible,
              (Including WL2K CMS connections)

              Idletime 90
              att 3
              c ve3uil.host FBBPORT n9pmo password
              c ve7abc

              So far the only problem I have run into is with Telnet to JNOS, it needs a
              CRLF to be sent to start the binary file transfer.

              Mike N9PMO
              BPQ32 Group Moderator

              Message 6 of 8 , May 30, 2014
                I first example you have ATT
                Attach to what?

                Mike N9PMO
                BPQ32 Group Moderator
                Message 7 of 8 , May 30, 2014
                  Not sure where your coming from.
                  ATT 5
                  Is the SCS-PTC TNC.

                  On Friday, May 30, 2014, 'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32] <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  I first example you have ATT
                  Attach to what?

                  Mike N9PMO
                  BPQ32 Group Moderator
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 30, 2014

                    Not near my PC. Usually that means something after the else is incorrect...