RE: [BPQ32] Re: FBB installation

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008

      Howard

      You would add your QUAD of your state, SE, SW, C, NE, etc. I am in the SEWI, this is what I enter

      #SEWI.WI.USA.NOAM leaving your call sign out you can also use NA instead of NOAM

      For the City Entry enter both your City and State, again for mine Racine, WI

      QTH Locator will be your Grid Square.

      Mike Melnik N9PMO

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008

        Howard

        As I mentioned before you should place the FBB as the first application as it doesn’t require

        AGWPE, WinFbb 7.01 should go under Programs Files\ root, how ever the BPQ.DLL in driver

        Section should find BPQ32 regardless where FBB is placed, this is assuming you are still

        Using 7.01A and not the 7.00 Series. Please be sure to allocate FBB as the first Port selection

        In any FBB, if 7.00 series is used the MUX needs to be set for the number of Ports available

        In BPQ, if 4 ports including AXIP, MUX 4, if not a user may receive a BUSY for the BPQ Switch.

        There are a couple of reasons that a user may receive Busy from BPQ, the most common

        Is BPQ is not hearing the node via AXIP, I only bring this subject up as I saw the question

        Come up a couple of Weeks a go.

        Mike Melnik N9PMO

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
          Well, initially I had WinFBB as the first application.

          But, I read that AR-Cluster must be the first application, so I got
          WinFBB working as the 2nd application via the documented registry item
          for WinFBB. I have only tested it via BPQ Terminal - not over VHF radio.

          My current hurdle is trouble downloading AR-Cluster.
          It is not found at ftp://ftp.ab5k.net

          So, WinFBB, RMS Packet, and AR-Cluster
          These should be enough to play with.

          Howard.

          > Howard
          >

          > As I mentioned before you should place the FBB as the first
          application as
          > it doesn't require
          >
          > AGWPE, WinFbb 7.01 should go under Programs Files\ root, how ever the
          > BPQ.DLL in driver
          >
          > Section should find BPQ32 regardless where FBB is placed, this is
          assuming
          > you are still
          >
          > Using 7.01A and not the 7.00 Series. Please be sure to allocate FBB
          as the
          > first Port selection
          >
          > In any FBB, if 7.00 series is used the MUX needs to be set for the
          number of
          > Ports available
          >
          > In BPQ, if 4 ports including AXIP, MUX 4, if not a user may receive
          a BUSY
          > for the BPQ Switch.
          >

          > There are a couple of reasons that a user may receive Busy from BPQ, the
          > most common
          >
          > Is BPQ is not hearing the node via AXIP, I only bring this subject
          up as I
          > saw the question
          >
          > Come up a couple of Weeks a go.
          >

          > Mike Melnik N9PMO

        • aat3ok
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
            In Maryland we used to just use.. for example

            WA3MEJ.MD.US.NOAM

            > Howard
            >

            > You would add your QUAD of your state, SE, SW, C, NE, etc. I am in
            the SEWI,
            > this is what I enter
            >
            > #SEWI.WI.USA.NOAM leaving your call sign out you can also use NA
            instead of
            > NOAM
            >
            > For the City Entry enter both your City and State, again for mine
            Racine, WI

            > QTH Locator will be your Grid Square.
            >

            > Mike Melnik N9PMO

            Behalf