Re: FBB installation

  • Howard Z.
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
      Silver Spring, Maryland
      or Colesville, Maryland

      http://www.qrz.com/detail/N3ZH

      Thanks
      Howard

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008

        Howard

        You would add your QUAD of your state, SE, SW, C, NE, etc. I am in the SEWI, this is what I enter

        #SEWI.WI.USA.NOAM leaving your call sign out you can also use NA instead of NOAM

        For the City Entry enter both your City and State, again for mine Racine, WI

        QTH Locator will be your Grid Square.

        Mike Melnik N9PMO

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008

          Howard

          As I mentioned before you should place the FBB as the first application as it doesn’t require

          AGWPE, WinFbb 7.01 should go under Programs Files\ root, how ever the BPQ.DLL in driver

          Section should find BPQ32 regardless where FBB is placed, this is assuming you are still

          Using 7.01A and not the 7.00 Series. Please be sure to allocate FBB as the first Port selection

          In any FBB, if 7.00 series is used the MUX needs to be set for the number of Ports available

          In BPQ, if 4 ports including AXIP, MUX 4, if not a user may receive a BUSY for the BPQ Switch.

          There are a couple of reasons that a user may receive Busy from BPQ, the most common

          Is BPQ is not hearing the node via AXIP, I only bring this subject up as I saw the question

          Come up a couple of Weeks a go.

          Mike Melnik N9PMO

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
            Well, initially I had WinFBB as the first application.

            But, I read that AR-Cluster must be the first application, so I got
            WinFBB working as the 2nd application via the documented registry item
            for WinFBB. I have only tested it via BPQ Terminal - not over VHF radio.

            My current hurdle is trouble downloading AR-Cluster.
            It is not found at ftp://ftp.ab5k.net

            So, WinFBB, RMS Packet, and AR-Cluster
            These should be enough to play with.

            Howard.

            > Howard
            >

            > As I mentioned before you should place the FBB as the first
            application as
            > it doesn't require
            >
            > AGWPE, WinFbb 7.01 should go under Programs Files\ root, how ever the
            > BPQ.DLL in driver
            >
            > Section should find BPQ32 regardless where FBB is placed, this is
            assuming
            > you are still
            >
            > Using 7.01A and not the 7.00 Series. Please be sure to allocate FBB
            as the
            > first Port selection
            >
            > In any FBB, if 7.00 series is used the MUX needs to be set for the
            number of
            > Ports available
            >
            > In BPQ, if 4 ports including AXIP, MUX 4, if not a user may receive
            a BUSY
            > for the BPQ Switch.
            >

            > There are a couple of reasons that a user may receive Busy from BPQ, the
            > most common
            >
            > Is BPQ is not hearing the node via AXIP, I only bring this subject
            up as I
            > saw the question
            >
            > Come up a couple of Weeks a go.
            >

            > Mike Melnik N9PMO

          • aat3ok
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
              In Maryland we used to just use.. for example

              WA3MEJ.MD.US.NOAM

              > Howard
              >

              > You would add your QUAD of your state, SE, SW, C, NE, etc. I am in
              the SEWI,
              > this is what I enter
              >
              > #SEWI.WI.USA.NOAM leaving your call sign out you can also use NA
              instead of
              > NOAM
              >
              > For the City Entry enter both your City and State, again for mine
              Racine, WI

              > QTH Locator will be your Grid Square.
              >

              > Mike Melnik N9PMO

              Behalf