RE: [BPQ32] Re: FBB installation

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008

      Hi Howard… Where are you..

      We can help with that.. Just need to know location..

      Happy Holidays..

      73 jerry

      In WinFBB, what should I put into "H-Route"?
      It currently contains "EAMU.ESP.EU"

    • Howard Z.
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
        Silver Spring, Maryland
        or Colesville, Maryland

        http://www.qrz.com/detail/N3ZH

        Thanks
        Howard

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008

          Howard

          You would add your QUAD of your state, SE, SW, C, NE, etc. I am in the SEWI, this is what I enter

          #SEWI.WI.USA.NOAM leaving your call sign out you can also use NA instead of NOAM

          For the City Entry enter both your City and State, again for mine Racine, WI

          QTH Locator will be your Grid Square.

          Mike Melnik N9PMO

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008

            Howard

            As I mentioned before you should place the FBB as the first application as it doesn’t require

            AGWPE, WinFbb 7.01 should go under Programs Files\ root, how ever the BPQ.DLL in driver

            Section should find BPQ32 regardless where FBB is placed, this is assuming you are still

            Using 7.01A and not the 7.00 Series. Please be sure to allocate FBB as the first Port selection

            In any FBB, if 7.00 series is used the MUX needs to be set for the number of Ports available

            In BPQ, if 4 ports including AXIP, MUX 4, if not a user may receive a BUSY for the BPQ Switch.

            There are a couple of reasons that a user may receive Busy from BPQ, the most common

            Is BPQ is not hearing the node via AXIP, I only bring this subject up as I saw the question

            Come up a couple of Weeks a go.

            Mike Melnik N9PMO

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
              Well, initially I had WinFBB as the first application.

              But, I read that AR-Cluster must be the first application, so I got
              WinFBB working as the 2nd application via the documented registry item
              for WinFBB. I have only tested it via BPQ Terminal - not over VHF radio.

              My current hurdle is trouble downloading AR-Cluster.
              It is not found at ftp://ftp.ab5k.net

              So, WinFBB, RMS Packet, and AR-Cluster
              These should be enough to play with.

              Howard.

              > Howard
              >

              > As I mentioned before you should place the FBB as the first
              application as
              > it doesn't require
              >
              > AGWPE, WinFbb 7.01 should go under Programs Files\ root, how ever the
              > BPQ.DLL in driver
              >
              > Section should find BPQ32 regardless where FBB is placed, this is
              assuming
              > you are still
              >
              > Using 7.01A and not the 7.00 Series. Please be sure to allocate FBB
              as the
              > first Port selection
              >
              > In any FBB, if 7.00 series is used the MUX needs to be set for the
              number of
              > Ports available
              >
              > In BPQ, if 4 ports including AXIP, MUX 4, if not a user may receive
              a BUSY
              > for the BPQ Switch.
              >

              > There are a couple of reasons that a user may receive Busy from BPQ, the
              > most common
              >
              > Is BPQ is not hearing the node via AXIP, I only bring this subject
              up as I
              > saw the question
              >
              > Come up a couple of Weeks a go.
              >

              > Mike Melnik N9PMO

            • aat3ok
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2008
                In Maryland we used to just use.. for example

                WA3MEJ.MD.US.NOAM

                > Howard
                >

                > You would add your QUAD of your state, SE, SW, C, NE, etc. I am in
                the SEWI,
                > this is what I enter
                >
                > #SEWI.WI.USA.NOAM leaving your call sign out you can also use NA
                instead of
                > NOAM
                >
                > For the City Entry enter both your City and State, again for mine
                Racine, WI

                > QTH Locator will be your Grid Square.
                >

                > Mike Melnik N9PMO

                Behalf