RIGCONTROL setup for Yaesu FT847

  • k6irf
    Message 1 of 11 , May 5, 2014

      Hi Guys,

        Anyone using a Yaesu FT-847 and was able to make Rigcontrol work?

      This is what I have on mine but does not work.

      RIGCONTROL COM1 57600 YAESU FT847

       4,7.0870,USB,P123

       4,7.1040,USB,P123

       5,14.1059,USB,P123

       4,7.1025,USB,P123

      Thanks!

      Lot / k6irf

    • ke7xo
      Message 2 of 11 , May 5, 2014

        Hi Lot,

        assuming my 897 is close to the 847

        I believe the max port speed is 4800 with the Yaesu.

        you might verify the settings in the 847

        Richard

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 11 , May 5, 2014
          Make sure the cable has all 9 wires wired. And that is a straight through cable.

          Jim wu3v
          Please excuse any typo's that my iPhone has generated.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 5, 2014

            Jim,

            Actually the 847 needs a crossover cable. From the manual

            You will need a serial cable for connection to the (RS-

            232C) COM port of your computer. Purchase or construct

            a “null modem” type serial cable (not a “straight”

            type), ensuring it has the correct gender and number

            of pins for connection to your system. Note that this

            cable is different from the type utilized on earlier Yaesu

            CAT System transceivers.

            Lot,

            Could you get a trace of BPQ trying to control the radio, and if possible another program successfully controlling it, using portmon (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx)

            Thanks,

            John

            Message 5 of 11 , May 5, 2014
              Hi John and all,
                Yes I am using a null modem.
              I use the same cable on HRD
               and It works on the FT847.
              I can't find a portmon version
              that works on Win7 64bit.
              Any alternative utility I can use
              to monitor the port? I will
              keep looking.

              Thanks!
              Lot / K6IRF
              73!

[...]

                Now you can search Photos & Files in your Group !
                You can now search for photos and files in your Yahoo Group, in addition to searching for messages in your Group archive

                Message 7 of 11 , May 5, 2014

                  Lot,

                  No, I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a version of Portmon for 64 bit windows. I may have to try to write something myself.

                  John

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 5, 2014

                    I found this

                    http://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/

                    It isn't free, but does seem to have a 14 day free trial.

                    73, John

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 5, 2014
                      John,
                        I found a trial utility program. (Advanced serial port monitor).

                      *** This is what I got monitoring the BPQ ***   The other result using HRD at the bottom separated by asterisk line.

                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      COM is open
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      In/out queue size 4096/4096
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      Purge the serial port: RXABORT, RXCLEAR, TXABORT, TXCLEAR
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      Set timeouts: ReadInterval=-1, ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier=0, ReadTotalTimeoutConstant=0, WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier=0, WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=500
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      Baud rate 57600
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      RTS off
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      DTR off
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      Data bits=8, Stop bits=1, Parity=None
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      Set chars: Eof=0x00, Error=0x00, Break=0x00, Event=0x00, Xon=0x00, Xoff=0x00
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      Handflow: ControlHandShake=(), FlowReplace=(), XonLimit=100, XoffLimit=100
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      RTS on
                      <20140505142742.861 SYS>
                      DTR on

                      This is what I monitor using HRD.

                      <20140505143403.724 SYS>
                      COM is open
                      <20140505143403.724 SYS>
                      In/out queue size 4096/4096
                      <20140505143403.724 SYS>
                      Purge the serial port: RXABORT, RXCLEAR, TXABORT, TXCLEAR
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      Baud rate 57600
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      RTS off
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      DTR off
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      Data bits=8, Stop bits=2, Parity=None
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      Set chars: Eof=0x1A, Error=0x00, Break=0x00, Event=0x00, Xon=0x11, Xoff=0x13
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      Handflow: ControlHandShake=(), FlowReplace=(), XonLimit=1024, XoffLimit=1024
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      Set timeouts: ReadInterval=250, ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier=250, ReadTotalTimeoutConstant=250, WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier=500, WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=1000
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      DTR off
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      RTS off
                      <20140505143403.729 SYS>
                      Purge the serial port: RXABORT, RXCLEAR, TXABORT, TXCLEAR
                      <20140505143403.753 TX>
                      <NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL>ˆ<NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><ETX>
                      <20140505143403.762 RX>
                      <NUL>q<ETX><NUL><SOH>
                      <20140505143404.250 TX>
                      <NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><ETX>
                      <20140505143404.252 RX>
                      <NUL>q<ETX><NUL><SOH>
                      <20140505143404.309 TX>
                      <NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><ETX>
                      <20140505143404.312 RX>
                      <NUL>q<ETX><NUL><SOH>
                      <20140505143404.312 TX>

                      DE K6IRF / LOT
                      http://www.harpusa.org

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 6, 2014
                        Lot (&Co)

                        Does this work on Linbpq or windows (or does it not matter what the o/s is ?)

                         Regards

                        Virus Checked before sending
                        Dave Morris (GM3YEW)
                        GM3YEW @ GB7YEW
                        077 78 78 1907

                        73 de Dave

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 6, 2014

                          Lot,

                          It doesn't look like it is even trying to send anything.

                          Could you send me your bpq32.cfg, and I'll try running it here.

                          Also Rigcontrol has a debug mode, enabled by adding DEBUG just after RIGCONTOL, ie RIGCONTROL DEBUG  COM1 etc.

                          This writes to the system debug log, which you can display using debugview, which can be downloaded from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx . This may give a clue as to what is going on.