getting version of pilinbpq pitermbpq and others

  • Tadd Torborg
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2014
      I’m working on a diagnostic tool for Raspberry PI so i can provide customer support to node operators running G8BPQ with Raspian Wheezy.  I would like to know the versions of the various g8bpq tools including linbpq.  Is there a way from the command line to call out the version of those tools without causing the program to be launched, and even if the program is already running?

      For instance:
      pi@tadd ~ $ ./pitnc_getparams -v
      0.0.0.1
      pi@tadd ~ $ ./pitnc_setparams -v
      0.0.0.2
      pi@tadd ~/minicom $ ./piminicom -v
      minicom version 2.7 (compiled Feb  9 2014)
      Copyright (C) Miquel van Smoorenburg.

      This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
      modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
      as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version
      2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

      Modified Jan 2014 by John Wiseman G8BPQ to play a sound file for the BELL code

      pi@tadd ~ $ ./piTermTCP -v

      (piTermTCP:3363): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

      If there is no provision for this, could it be added?
        Thanks.
            Tadd

      Tadd Torborg

      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2014

        Tadd,

        LinBPQ doesn't have a display version command line option, but one could be added. There is a node command (V) to display the version.

        Ryan will have to answer about TermTCP.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2014
          No, I do not have that enabled. I could add that param to the program.

          Thanks,

          Ryan (KB8PMY)
          KD8TUZ Hamilton Wireless Radio Club

          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2014

            The latest versions of linbpq and pilinbpq on Dropbox include the –v command line option.

            73, John

          • Tadd Torborg

              Message 6 of 7 , May 6, 2014

                I’ve added code to allow messages to be read during paging pauses while listing messages. If you’d like to try it, it can be downloaded from

                https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/BPQMail.exe

                The same changes are in the latest linbpq/pilinbpq

                73, John_

              • Miroslav Skoric
                Message 7 of 7 , May 7, 2014
                  On 05/06/2014 10:49 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

                  > I've added code to allow messages to be read during paging pauses while
                  > listing messages. If you'd like to try it, it can be downloaded from
                  >
                  > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/BPQMail.exe
                  >
                  > The same changes are in the latest linbpq/pilinbpq

                  Works well in both Windows and Linux. Thanks!

                  Regards,

                  Misko