Weather Watcher up

  • Don Poaps
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 29, 2014
      Mike/Group

      I have the Weather Watcher running. I've copied some of the Weather warning [WIND] etc into the export to beacon.txt.

      The BPQ Console Beacon > File to Transmit. Is there away to just Transmit awarning or will this beacon when ever it wants to from the Beacon Console setup.

      Later

      Don va7dgp

      --
      Don Poaps
      New Westminster, BC

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 29, 2014
        Don

        You can select a very simple beacon, see WW Programs folder, Readme.chm,
        Reference information, Template Codes, under Current data tags, or if you
        want
        Just alerts use something like.
        SVR WX
        [Server Alerts]

        [03:40:22T N9PMO-2>WX Port=1 <UI C>:
        SVR WX

        If there is no information in the text file, BPQ Beacon will still beacon
        out but no alerts
        The following will be sent out with no alerts:
        [03:28:49T N9PMO-2>WX Port=1 <UI C>:

        Note if you add too many alerts and two or more events are sent by NWS at
        the same time usually WW only sends out part of the alert

        Beacon intervals are based on a port by port basis, you could have one port
        every 1/2 hour another every 6 hours, or you can chose on a port not to send
        from the text file
        Just the standard BBS Beacon.
        [03:38:33T N9PMO-2>NODE Port=2 <UI C>:

        Mike N9PMO
        BPQ32 Group Moderator

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30, 2014

            I've built and uploaded x86 and pi builds of Robert's latest source (fldigi-3.21.81AJ-Kiss08).

            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/fldigi-kiss-08-x86

            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/fldigi-kiss-08-pi

            The source and Robert's Win32 build can be found at

            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/fldigi-3.21.81AJ-Kiss08-Source.zip

            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/fldigi-3.21.81AJ-Kiss08-Win32.zip

            73, John

          • Charles Brabham
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 30, 2014
              Now that I've dusted myself off and climbed back onto the learning curve, the autoforwarding with station-specific modems is working very well.

              73 DE Charles, N5PVL

            • Charles Brabham
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2014
                Using the MODEM command in the connect script for other stations has
                worked out well. - I have a suggestion that would make it work better.

                I have noticed that other stations are not always right on the +1500
                passband value that I have in my BPQ32.cfg file. One is close to +1500
                but another station is consistently as +1487.

                Some of the more useful digital modes are pretty picky about being lined
                up well.

                The ability to specify added frequency in the connect script would be
                very handy, as in:

                ATT 2
                MODEM PSK63RC5/1487
                C WA2xxx

                Another thing:

                Would it be possible to have a TXID option to include your callsign -
                and an RXID option that would only recognize and move to a specified
                call - or better yet, a call from a list?

                This would greatly simplify net operation, in general. Have an option
                where RXID only responds to TXID with a call from a forwarding list -
                and ignore all RSID except the one with the connected call, once
                connected, until a disconnect with that station is accomplished.

                73 DE Charles, N5PVL
              • Robert Stiles
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2, 2014
                   Another way of handling these offset issues is enabling
                  frequency lock on the front panel.  In the RSID config
                  panel enable retain freq lock. What this does
                  It keeps the transmit offset at a fixed location while
                  allowing the receive offset to track the incoming
                  RSID detection.

                  Robert

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 3, 2014

                    Charles,

                    You can set the centre frequency - from the docs:

                    MODEM ModemName - Selectes the specified modem - eg MODEM BPSK250

                    FREQ n - Sets the centre frequency - eg FREQ 1500

                    73, John

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 10, 2014
                      Hi Don,

                       Were you able to test this???

                      73 de Angelo

                    • Don Poaps
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 10, 2014
                        Angelo/Group

                        It does work. I have it beacon  on VHF and UHF every 35 Min,

                        Don va7dgp

                        On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 6:38 AM, n5uxt@... [BPQ32] <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        Hi Don,

                         Were you able to test this???

                        73 de Angelo

                        --
                        Don Poaps
                        New Westminster, BC

                      • Don Poaps
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 1, 2014
                          Hi Mike

                          With your direction I have the Weather Watcher Beacon working. I'm doing a search in Google for that email you sent with example.

                          Is there a warning for Thunderstorm. Or is it

                          SVR WX
                          [Server Alerts]

                          Thank You

                          --
                          Don Poaps
                          New Westminster, BC

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 2, 2014
                              Thunderstorm Watch

                              Thunderstorm warning

                              Tornado Watch

                              Tornado Warning

                              Wind

                              Mike N9PMO
                              BPQ32 Group Moderator

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 2, 2014

                                I have weather watcher set up hr at home and at Wayne Co. ema
                                When we have a alert it will not specify what the alert is jest that there is one.
                                Not quite what i was wanting to see.

                                Buster kg9nd 89-620
                                EC_Indiana_Races@yahoogroups.com

                                On Monday, June 2, 2014 1:19 PM, "'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32]" <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                Thunderstorm Watch

                                Thunderstorm warning

                                Tornado Watch

                                Tornado Warning

                                Wind

                                Mike N9PMO
                                BPQ32 Group Moderator

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 3, 2014
                                  I did have it running on my node, but I took it off because if the text of the severe weather alert issued was more than 1 line the node would only beacon the first line of the text.

                                  Very 73,
                                  Cliff - KU4GW
                                  BRTMTN:KU4GW-7 Sysop
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 3, 2014
                                    Daryll & Cliff

                                    Daryll it sounds like you updated the weather watcher, 5.6.23c I had
                                    modified for packet use is the only version that will display selected
                                    severe Alerts,

                                    The newer versions is either alert yes/no, in programs files/
                                    Weather watcher/ReadMe.chm/Referance Information/Template Codes (the first
                                    list of codes) can be used, followed by Hourly Tags, these are used in
                                    looped forecast,
                                    Example:

                                    [DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1]
                                    [TEMPLATE]
                                    [DETAILED DAY] [CRLF]
                                    [DETAILED FORECAST]
                                    [/TEMPLATE]
                                    [/DETAILED LOOP]

                                    Now as far as the complete Server Alert not being all on one line and not
                                    sending the complete alert, this is a problem in the way WW exports, there
                                    is no solution for this,
                                    I have contacted Mike Singer, he will only support the latest (paid for)
                                    version so I have not pursued it any further, on the other hand, for a free
                                    program one can not complain.

                                    Weather Watcher Logger if enabled can also be used for BPQ32 APRS & UI-View
                                    WX broadcast, the same as if one was using a personal weather station, if
                                    you want to use this function also contact me by e-mail, there is a .EXE
                                    needed for this use,
                                    You can still have the WW Beacon and APRS WX.

                                    See following web site examples:
                                    http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=n9pmo-9&last=12
                                    http://aprs.fi/weather/a/N9PMO-9?range=day

                                    Mike N9PMO