Weather Beacon #2

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 114 KB
    And this is how it looks over the air:
  • Don Poaps
    Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2014
      Steve/Group

      Weather Watcher export a HTML file.
      Is there a unity one can use to convert HTML to text. Then the converted file can be sent out via rf. I don't have a weather station. So I have to rely on either weather network or weather watcher ( Free)

      Don va7dgp

      On Monday, April 28, 2014, Steve <kb9pvh@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Steve included below]

      And this is how it looks over the air:

      --
      Don Poaps
      New Westminster, BC

    • Steve
      Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2014
        Hi Don/All...

        There may be a program to convert HTML to text.  The
        weather software I use (Virtual Weather Station) is set up
        using HTML tags, which are then converted internally by
        the software to a text file intended to be "read" by another
        internal program over the telephone. I just use the text file
        it outputs a bit differently than intended :)   Hope that makes
        sense - hi hi.  The wx software also creates a web page which looks pretty cool as well. I have doctored it up a bit too.   http://qsl.net/kb9pvh is the link for that...

        73,

        --steve--   IPod Touch

        Message 4 of 9 , Apr 29, 2014
          Don & Group

          Weather Watcher 5.6.23c it is available on my web site or the BPQ reflector
          Files section, using the Export tab it sends in plain text not HTML, I need
          to re-write the instructions and add some PNG'S, give me about an hour to
          make the changes for BPQ Beacon config.

          Note 5.6.23c was written by Singer Creations for Packet beacons and APRS
          The new versions will not work correctly.

          As far as importing alerts as a bulletin this would have to be done
          manually, BPQ
          Mail Server does not have the capability of auto importing only exporting,
          John may be able to add this function.

          The one other problem is the line length is to long and many times WW does
          not complete the alert.

          Mine is setup to send the local weather beacon on FBB (until I drop FBB very
          soon)
          It sends the daily weather forecast using BPQ Beacon, and BPQ APRS WX See:
          http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=n9pmo-9&last=24
          http://aprs.fi/weather/a/N9PMO-9

          I did try to have Mike Singer change the line length with no luck, how ever
          he was nice enough to make two changes.

          You can download daily forecast using Airmail but you will need to edit then
          import
          I was never able to make the bulletin export function in Airmail to work.

          I have tried a newer version of WW but it does not have Alerts available as
          a export.

          Mike N9PMO
          BPQ32 Group Moderator

            Message 6 of 9 , Apr 29, 2014
              Don

              Some how I mixed up the instructions for WW from my web site which is down
              At the moment. After installing WW it will tell you there is a newer version
              available
              Select NO do not update, on the General tab there is a selection to check
              for updates,
              Un tic that, right click on the WW temp in the tool tray, About, check the
              version.

              The new versions are Weather Bug and not free.

              Mike N9PMO
              BPQ32 Group Moderator

                Message 8 of 9 , Apr 29, 2014
                  Don

                  When you are in the Weather Watcher options/Export/Browse the save file to
                  give the file window will open, at the bottom of the window save as, the
                  default is HTML, click
                  On the drop down menu change from HTML to All Files, it can then be named as
                  Text file, ea. beacon.txt save in the BPQ32 Configuration folder, all PNG'S
                  and new
                  Instructions for BPQ32 Beacon have been added, the old FBB stuff is out.

                  File is available on the BPQ32 Reflector/Files section Weather Watcher for
                  BPQ
                  Or on my web site/Packet Radio Software.

                  I will add the BPQ32 APRS WX beacon tomorrow, I ran out of time to day.

                  Mike N9PMO
                  BPQ32 Group Moderator