BPQ & WinFBB Question

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
      I have install both the newest BPQ & WinFBB from the files area.
      I have both working but the winfbb echo's everything back. Is there
      away to stop the echo? Also the information that is displayed to the
      user when they log on is there a way to not display all the information?
      I followed the setup and it was very straight forward.
      Thanks
      Stephen
      VE9SC/VE1MPF
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008

        Good afternoon Steven

        I assume you are running WinFbb 7.01-35 and not WFBB 7.00 series?

        Please give us a bit better description of the Echo and what window you see this in,

        The information sent to a user is determined how the user is Flagged, PMS, BBS and Expert user

        PMS alone (default) the user will receive all when a connection is made, also the English.txt in the LANG folder

        There are a few different greetings, I have edited the English.txt and may be different then the one on the BPQ

        Reflector you mite want to try the one from my Web Site, FBB English.txt with greetings.

        In the FBB CONFIG, Main configuration, Warnings & 1st Conn Options Tab, first connection options,

        you can set the default from PMS to BBS, This alone will send a very brief log on,

        The same for the F6FBB 7.00 Series CONFIG, Main Parameters, First Connection default Options,

        With 7.01-35 be sure to delete the English.ent entries and save as a blank file.

        Again fill us in a bit with the echo if it is an RF Connection via BPQ32, Auto Forwarding, or Telnet forwarding

        We will be glad to help you out.

        I have install both the newest BPQ & WinFBB from the files area.
        I have both working but the winfbb echo's everything back. Is there
        away to stop the echo? Also the information that is displayed to the
        user when they log on is there a way to not display all the information?
        I followed the setup and it was very straight forward.
        Thanks
        Stephen
        VE9SC/VE1MPF

      • K
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
          Just take the tnc out of kiss mode   do a echo off and then put back in kiss mode and reboot fbb.  Any command just like CD SOFTWARE command do them BEFORE putting the tnc in kiss mode

          Thank you
          73
          Kenny
          KG5KS
          DEC B AR

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008

            Kenny

            I think you are assuming that Steven is running a Kantronics TNC, (CD Software)

            Echo on or off has no bearing on what Steven is seeing, my Kantronics TNC’S all have E ON,

            the BPQ Software is doing most of the controlling of the TNC, in Kiss Mode

            Mike Melnik N9PMO

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
              I agree, but you still have things to set such as CD software, Intface terminal and such before BPQ as it doesn't control somethings.  I thought everyone used Kantronics Tncs..hi

              Thank you
              73
              Kenny
              KG5KS
              DEC B AR

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008

                Hi Kenny

                I agree I am a Kantronics man 2 KPC 3 Plus and 9612 small and reliable but very expensive now a day’s

                They do emit some stray RF on VHF frequencies but I have been able to solve all those problems and they

                Support true CTS, many others have a hard time with high serial port Baud Rates.

                While on the subject of CD Software this is a great feature that others may not support allows us to use open squelch

                Only detecting AFSK Tones, The way around this with MFJ TNC’S is full duplex and NO TXTail.

                I think Steven is running 7.01-35 (7.01A) I have not tested 7.01 with the latest BPQ32 release, will have to see what

                Mode the echo is happening in.

                73

                Mike Melnik N9PMO

                I think you are assuming that Steven is running a Kantronics TNC, (CD Software)

                Echo on or off has no bearing on what Steven is seeing, my Kantronics TNCʼS all have E ON,

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2008
                  Sorry for the delay in my response. I travel and was on the road. The
                  echo is when anyone telnets or connects via VHF RF by BPQ. I am
                  running WinFbb 7.01-35 and the newest version of BPQ. It all works
                  well but everyone is stated that when they connect it echos. I tried
                  to have another BBS forward to me but the echoing causes problems and
                  the forward fails. The TNC is a AEA PK-232 I tried a MFJ 1278 and a
                  KPC3 all echo. I stopped the bpq and only telnet and that echo to.
                  That is the problem if you need further details please advise.
                  Thanks
                  Stephen