WX alerts

  • n5uxt
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24 11:26 AM

      HI All,

       Getting into the swing of things with BPQ. I was wondering of BPQ32 APRS support WX alerts??

      Down south here in hurricane country, it sure would be nice to send out WX Alerts.

      73 de Angelo

    • n5uxt
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28 7:03 AM
        WOW!!!

        Not one reply. I would think with all the bad weather this feature would be good to have. I guess I am along in the idea.

        73 de Angelo

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28 7:28 AM

          No, I am for it… Just thinking… I have a home wx station would be nice to send beacons of my own weather station data.. as well as alerts.. on Local VHF/UHF Ports. 73 Jerry

          Not one reply. I would think with all the bad weather this feature would be good to have. I guess I am along in the idea.

          73 de Angelo

        • Don Poaps
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28 8:33 AM
            Greetings

            I know our Mike (N9PMO) has Weather Watcher. I have downloaded it on another computer. It creates a Text file Beacon.Txt (something like that) I have no idea how to have that  exported Alert File to be Transmitted on the VHF/UHF local node.
            Here we would most likely get high winds off the Pacific. We already get rain. In our case in may be flooding as the snow pack may be melting at the same time.

            Later

            Don

            --
            Don Poaps
            New Westminster, BC

          • n5uxt
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 28 8:43 AM
              Hi Don,

              Thanks for the reply. I hope this feature is available in BPQ to TX it over the air. Here in New Orleans, we sure could use this.

              Angelo

            • Jerry Kutche

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 28 11:45 AM

                    Angelo,

                    If you can get the WX data into a file, BPQ32 can send it as a beacon. See the "Send from File" option of Beacon Configuration (in the BPQ32 Console "Window" menu).

                    73, John

                    Thanks for the reply. I hope this feature is available in BPQ to TX it over the air. Here in New Orleans , we sure could use this.

                    Angelo

                  • Daryll Webb
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 28 4:36 PM
                      Copy and paste worked well for me.
                      U jest need to do it manually.
                      Yes it would be nice to be able to have it done auto. And work with bpq.

                      Buster kg9nd 89-620
                      EC_Indiana_Races@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 28 5:42 PM

                        Thanks all who replied. I was really looking for a Weather alert system. We have several WX beacons already being TX on aprs VHF from the airports here in New Orleans . It would be nice have a way to send out a WX alert via arps vhf packet that would alert people of severe weather coming our way. I know I had it working with

                        UI-VIEW at one time where it would put out alerts.

                        73 de Angelo

                      • Steve
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 28 5:56 PM
                          Hi Angelo...

                          Ok, I see what your looking for now. Not quite what I am doing here I see :)   Something along those lines needs to be accurate as well as done in a timely manner. My NOAA Wx radio works well at rattling my cage when thing get interesting here with the atmosphere.

                          73,

                          --steve,kb9pvh--   IPod Touch