USER logs in but commands not reconized

  • Don Poaps
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014
      cmd:*** CONNECTED to VA7DGP
      [BPQ-1.4.60.1-B12FWIHJM$]
      de VA7DGP>
      lm
      ?What?
      cmd:LM
      ?What?
      cmd:BYE
      ?What?

      This is what I get. If a user uses Outpost as well. They get the same issue..LM, LC, BYE etc are not reconized..

      later

      --
      Don Poaps
      New Westminster, BC

      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014
        Is the outpost call sign flagged as a BBS

        Mike N9PMO
        BPQ32 Group Moderator

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014
          All user are flagged BBS AND EXPERT.

          Don va7dgp

          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014

            Don

                            Outpost needs to connect to the BPQ Mail application rather than the node or connect to node and then use command to connect to BPQ Mail.

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

          • Don Poaps

              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014

                Don

                                BPQ mail either needs a separate -SSID or a command. See the BPQ32.cfg I sent earlier. All expert mode does is suppress some prompts from BPQ mail to the packet client, usually used for clients that can send complete messages rather than have the operator manually input message while connected.

                73 Bill

                N9ACQ

              • n9acq
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014

                  Don

                                  What is the callsign-SSID use for BPQ mail?

                  73 Bill

                  N9ACQ

                • Don Poaps

                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014

                        Don

                                        What application number do you have for BPQ Mail in the APPLICATION statement and have you set BPQ Mail to the same application number?

                        73 Bill

                        N9ACQ

                      • n9acq
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 24, 2014

                          Don

                                          What I get when connecting to the BPQ mail callsign-SSID

                          *** Connected To N9ACQ-3 <Thu,24Apr14 11:29 PM>

                          [BPQ-1.4.60.1-BFWIHJM$]

                          Please enter your Home BBS using the Home command.

                          You may also enter your QTH and ZIP/Postcode using qth and zip commands.

                          de N9ACQ>

                                          Connection to node and BBS command

                          *** Connected To N9ACQ-1 <Thu,24Apr14 11:31 PM>

                          ACQ:N9ACQ-1} BBS RMS CHAT CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD.

                          :>bbs

                          ACQ:N9ACQ-1} Connected to BBS

                          [BPQ-1.4.60.1-BFWIHJM$]

                          Please enter your Home BBS using the Home command.

                          You may also enter your QTH and ZIP/Postcode using qth and zip commands.

                          de N9ACQ>

                          73 bill

                          N9ACQ

                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014

                            I don't know where ?what? is coming from, but it isn't my software. The BBS responds "Invalid Command" to stuff it doesn't recognise.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                              Hello all,
                                  Maybe the tnc don't go in converse mode, this is the tnc replying to false command.  If my memory is good, you need to have the command NEWMODE to ON in the tnc

                              73 de Pascal
                              ve2hom

                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                Greetings

                                The TNC X is in Kiss, the TNC at store is a PK 96.  I can log into just BPQ 32 menu. Then ?what?

                                I will check conv etc.

                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                  I agree with Mike. The system is looking for a SID to come back and is not getting it.

                                  A BBS is a BBS.
                                  A PMBS is a PMBS.
                                  A TNC in converse mode (which is what Outpost is) is a TNC in converse mode.

                                  With a Outpost user, tell them to make sure they send an 'X' the first time
                                  the log in so that they will go into Expert Mode (The BBS will tell them that
                                  they have changed modes) so they get short, less confusing prompts and
                                  leave it that.

                                  V/R
                                  Otto

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                    Edward/Group

                                    All user are check with EXpert, Outpost did work about a month ago. Then I notice the ?What? and it started  in terminal mode as well. I was having other issue with a PC. So I put this issue on the back burner until now.

                                    I will see "CONV"  is on.

                                    Later

                                    Don  va7dgp

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                      Don

                                      Delete your self as a user, exit Mail Server then add your self back in

                                      Mike N9PMO
                                      BPQ32 Group Moderator

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                        Mike/Group

                                        This also happens with CHAT, If I log in via RF va7dgp-11.
                                        The /Bye /USER gets the ?WHAT? and none of the chat data comes across.

                                        as well. I'm heading to the Store. I'll delete my USER ID and Restart mail tonight.

                                        Later

                                        Don va7dgp

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                          Don

                                          From here all commands are working, I have seen the registry get corrupted
                                          usually the deleting of the user and replacing solves the problem.

                                          As many problems as you have had and changes I could see this may be the
                                          problem, let me know.

                                          Mike N9PMO
                                          BPQ32 Group Moderator

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                            Don

                                            Now that I looked over the command that are being returned I agree with John
                                            the commands you are seeing are not from BPQ, I don't know how it can happen
                                            but it looks like you are in the terminal mode of the TNC, at this point BPQ
                                            should not be responding, how you are seeing the commands is a mystery to me

                                            Mike N9PMO
                                            BPQ32 Group Moderator

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                              Don

                                              Looking at your SID again you have B2 enabled, this protocol is used for
                                              attachments
                                              With WL2K or packet if you use an e-mail client to send the attachment, this
                                              should not cause what you are seeing but can cause a protocol error Line
                                              Must Start with F.

                                              Mike VE3UIL & I have experimented sending packet attachments with an e-mail
                                              client
                                              It works quite well, all though this was AXUDP we sent as large as 70KB
                                              attachment
                                              You wouldn't want to try something this large by RF but does work well as
                                              long as
                                              The other station has the B2 option as well, RMS programs, but we have found

                                              Using B2 protocol only on one end responds with protocol error.

                                              Mike N9PMO
                                              BPQ32 Group Moderator

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Apr 25, 2014
                                                  Don

                                                  Here is your SID show in earlier e-mail it clearly shows B12
                                                  BPQ-1.4.60.1-B12FWIHJM$
                                                  FB is block fbb forwarding, 12 is B1 & B2 protocol
                                                  B1 is FBBC with resume
                                                  B2 is a special protocol again only for attachments or if you are making a
                                                  Connection to the CMS Server by polling.

                                                  I don't understand about the gateway and what you want it to do?

                                                  If you only delete your self in the manage users you will not loose any
                                                  information in the Manage forwarding for you, once you add your self back in
                                                  the connect script will
                                                  Be there.

                                                  Don this is just my opinion,, you are making leaps and bounds without
                                                  solving one problem at a time so you end up with guessing to as which is
                                                  causing errors, you have to learn to take one step at a time.

                                                  Now as for the ? WHAT and so one, again I agree with John, this is not from
                                                  BPQ32
                                                  I am guessing you made a RF connection and reached your TNC in terminal mode
                                                  and not to BPQ32.

                                                  Mike N9PMO
                                                  BPQ32 Group Moderator