serial port error, linbpq

  • k7ilo@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2014

      Hello John, all linbpq users.

      I am getting this error using a usb-serial adapter at linbpq startup....

      tty_speed: tcgetattr: Input/Output error

      Does anyone know how to rectify this problem.  I have tried this with 2 different usb adapters and 3 or more different linux distro's..

      Thanks

      Harold

      K7ILO

    • kb9rrx2002
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2014
        Linux can be fussy, I've found that any usb-serial adapter using the Prolific chipset works the best.
      • Harold Kinchelow
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24, 2014

          I think I have one that has that chipset at work.  I'll have to give it a try.

          Thanks

          Harold
          K7ILO

          Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

          On Apr 24, 2014 7:51 AM, <kb9rrx2002@...> wrote:

          Linux can be fussy, I've found that any usb-serial adapter using the Prolific chipset works the best.

        • mitchwinkle
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 24, 2014
            Beware of counterfeit Prolific chipsets and/or drivers these days.  The gold standard seems to be FTDI nowadays.  Mine is a champ and was purchased from "gearmo".

            If you get stuck with your prolific, there is an old REAL driver that I have a link to somewhere....holler!