Re: Hi John - Long time since we have corresponded

  • aat3ok
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2008
      Hi Charles,
      Yes GTEPMS was advanced and I wish Doug was still supporting it,
      Oh well. Anyhow I had dismissed FBB because it is somewhat
      complcated to set up. I tried several years ago and had some
      problems, maybe I was just used to GTEPMS and had blinders on I dont
      know.

      I will give it another look.

      Thanks

      Jim

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Brabham" <n5pvl@...> wrote:

      > Your best bet is F6FBB, which optionally accepts extra-long, non-
      ham callsigns. This was set up for European Packet over CB, but ought
      to work for MARS calls as well.

      > I used to run GTEPMS too, wrote an article about it in the Texas
      Packet Radio Society's "Q-Report", way back when. I was the editor
      and if I couldn't find somethinmg good to print, I'd sometimes slip
      in something I wrote myself. I really liked GTEPMS, it was the most
      advanced BBS software of its era.

      http://n5pvl.rgvham.com/stxbbs/screen.htm

      > 73 DE Charles, N5PVL

      Something
      > that
      > does NOT take a lot of sysop clock cycles...
      >
      > I would like to forward (automated) to winlink using this BBS
      system.
      > No
      > w here is the hitch... I need to be able to forward special
      (MARS)
      > callsigns
      > such as AAA3TMD. Obviously this is a problem for most BBS
      packages.
      > GTEPMS
      > would work with this but will not work as a win32 app and Doug no
      > longer supports it.
      > I dont need fancy servers just a simple bbs.
      >
      > Lastly: do you have a written copy of the interface programming
      > protocol so I can write
      > a special interface? I want to set up a small server that allows
      me
      > to plug in a
      > list of callsigns and and have the server log in to the winlink
      RMS
      > and drag
      > down ALL of the stations on the list and then dump the traffic
      into
      > the bbs for
      > distro to our state users.
      >
      > Any help, links or contacts(from people doing anything similar)
      you