BPQ32_6.0.7.1_20140413 including BPQMail, BPQChat and BPQAPRS is available

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 13, 2014

      John Wiseman, G8BPQ/GM8BPQ, has created a common code base for BPQ32 allowing both Windows (BPQ32) and Linux (LinBPQ) versions to be produced in a timely fashion.

      The updates are:
      BPQ32.dll Updated to Version 6.0.7.1. Changes Since 6.0.6.1
      BPQMail updated to Version 1.4.60.1 Changes since Version 1.4.59.1

      BPQMail (a BBS system) and BPQChat (a Chat system) has replaced BPQMailChat.

      BPQ32 has a basic Web Interface option. This provides Browser access to some node status displays, and a simple Web Terminal for access to the Network. It can also act as Web Server for other BPQ32 Applications, such as BPQAPRS

      BPQAPRS is an APRS mapping and messaging application. BPQAPRS at its current state of development is a viable replacement for UIView32 for many users and in addition is under active development to add additional capability. The BPQ32 digipeater is "New n-N Paradigm " compliant and provides enough objects to fully support the Local Info Initiative. A configuration example is provided to quickly get you 'on the air'. The BPQAPRS program provides mapping, using the on-line OpenStreetMap, as well as reliable messaging, to the degree this is possible, with the existing infrastructure.

      As a reminder, you must have all of your node configuration in BPQ32.cfg.  If you are still using the old method please read message #10713 for further details.

      Microsoft has, since the introduction of Windows XP, recommended that an installation be split in to a "program files" part and an "application data" part. This was not enforced in Windows XP but it is being enforced in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Many programs have been installed in the root, such as C:\Ham Programs to get around this recommendation, but the result is annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this program' etc. If you have used this workaround, you can, after installing this release, do an uninstall, which will preserve your configuration, and then repeat the install taking all the defaults. The result will be to divide your installation properly into %programfiles%\bpq32 and %appdata%\bpq32.

      Help will be available in the BPQ32 Users Group should you have questions.

      The changelog is here:
      http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#Changelog

      Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless work enhancing BPQ32!

      73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E (ex N5IN)

    • Bill Erhardt
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 13, 2014

        Thanks Ron,

        I was off on vacation and I will update my BPQ Files.

        My two sisters and I were in Brazil visiting a wonderful lady who was an exchange student with our family. Maria and her family invited us to her home and we just had a blast.

        I got chance to visit the Contest Station PW7T in Fortaleza Brazil . Wow is that a station or what!!!  I worked a few stations in Africa and then a friend back home in Montana . I am writing an article about my trip and what I had to do for preparation with Ham Radio etc. I mentioned Winlink and BPQ32 to the PW7T members but there was no interest as they were a contest station only. There was APRS activity but only on the internet or smart phone. I listened for RF on their APRS frequency for 12 days with no activity.

        Thanks John for all you fine work…

        Bill K7MT Helena, Mt.

      • n5in_ron
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 14, 2014
          Bill

          Thanks for the kind words.

          You mention superstation PW7T which you visited in Brazil.  I checked my log and I have worked them 26 times in various contests.  I recall they had a huge signal!

          Ron, AE5E
        • richardns7k
          Message 4 of 10 , May 4, 2014
            I am running AirMail and using a SCS PTC-IIpro modem can anyone tell me what is the best set up to use? Running Windows 7
          • n9acq
            Message 5 of 10 , May 4, 2014

                              If you need “Radio Only” WL2K then RMS Express is required. IF point –point  only is required then either Airmail or RMS Express can be used. It you need multiple concurrent users then Paclink is the client to use. The above is of course in addition to the normal WL2K capability. I have all of them running under Vista and W7.

              73 Bill

              N9ACQ

              Message 6 of 10 , May 4, 2014
                Bill

                I fail to understand why any WL2K programs is needed along with BPQMail
                Server/or Node CMS server, Node or Mail Server will do the same, if no
                internet then RF,
                It is all the same.

                If you have an internet connection to the WL2K server and it fails, you add
                an alterative RF station to connect to, (ELSE) it will send/retrieve
                messages replies, Gateway etc.

                Or am I misunderstanding something? (Windows version)

                Mike N9PMO
                BPQ32 Group Moderator
                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2014
                  Mike/Group

                  IN WL2K there are station that are Radio ONLY. If a local area looses Internet like my Gateway. I have the ability if I set up my BPQ to change VFO on HF radio and relay email to K7EK or VE7SCC. These are set up as radio only. However they only store my personal Winlink Email.
                  As soon as my TS 940 can talk to my SCS-PTC. I'll setting BPQ to forward WL2K email. My only concern with the above Radio Only station. They are on the west side of the rock pile. If we get the big one and my station is some what operable. I sure like to be able to have the ability to forward WL2K

                  Don va7dgp

                  --
                  Don Poaps
                  New Westminster, BC

                • n9acq
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 4, 2014

                    Mike

                    1.       Can BPQ designate a MPS, message Pickup station?

                    2.       Can BPQ handle tactical accounts going to separate users on a LAN?

                    3.       Can you use BPQ to send Pactor messages and then HF forward from RMS Relay via Pactor?

                    4.       When will BPQ have auto update feature?

                    Yes each user is free to select the BPQ features that they wish to implement but BPQ and BPQ Mail is basically a node and BBS, with a hook to the WL2K CMS system. I have had BPQ running and with the WL2K programs way before BPQ Mail and or RMS Express were available and I see no advantage to change. One major feature I like and use is the ability to have scripts for packet messages to over 6 RMS Packet stations, not including the one I run.  Same for preselected stations and frequencies for Pactor connections, with the addition of a pause so I can set tuner up for the selected frequency. I have tried the various WL2L methods incorporated in BPQ and have found them limited for MY  specific use.

                    73 Bill

                    N9ACQ

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 4, 2014
                      Don

                      I have to admit I do not know all what most of the WL2K programs can or do
                      more the
                      BPQMailChat, I only was involved with testing or making a program work with
                      BPQMailChat before it had the CMS Server added.

                      I am very familiar with Airmail as I use it to download the daily WI
                      Weather forecast import it to BPQ-BBS then sent to WI BBS'S only.

                      Many options are not documented yet, more Telnet options need to be written
                      Example if one didn't have a AXUDP/AXTCP or RF Node connect to a station
                      But he does have a Telnet partner that is able to make a needed connection
                      A BBS via a partner that may have a node connection one way or the other
                      This can be setup in the partner's telnet scrip.

                      Here is one example, I have one partner that has a very intermittent
                      internet connection with my AXTCP or Telnet, and I connect to a partner by
                      telnet, I then
                      Connect to the partner I have problems with but the other station doesn't I
                      then
                      Make a BBS connect via AXIP from my partner.

                      Options for WL2K/RMS connections in the event your internet would fail,
                      frequency
                      And mode setting if needed can all be added under the RMS BBS connect script

                      Which includes all of the CMS sever users including message/replies, a
                      BPQ-BBS
                      May have as many CMS users as one flags, what you wouldn't want to do is
                      flag
                      A partner such as my self that already has CMS setup.

                      BPQ-BBS/Node can be RF only

                      You're on the right track Don, just take it slow, one function at a time.

                      John and his wife Helen are off sailing, I am trying to fill in the gaps
                      with the windows version, I have just been too busy here in the shop to
                      complete the documents/instructions/PNG'S, will do as soon as I can.

                      Mike N9PMO
                      BPQ32 Group Moderator

                      If you need “Radio Only” WL2K then RMS Express is required. If point –point

                       only is required then either Airmail or RMS Express can be used. It you
                      need multiple concurrent users then Paclink is the client to use. The above
                      is of course in addition to the normal WL2K capability. I have all of them
                      running under Vista and W7.
                      73 Bill
                      N9ACQ

                      --