Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32_410f_2008Nov19 Just released!

  • Miroslav Skoric
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2008
      Ron Stordahl N5IN wrote:

      > Perhaps so much fanfare is unwarranted as the only change from the
      > release of 48 hours ago is that I have added documentary changes to
      > the installer and installation document warning about the necessity of
      > closing BPQ32 before attempting an update. This 'hitch' has always
      > been in the installer, but the first KNOWN trip up occurred yesterday.

      Hi Ron and others,

      A question that is not related to this particular version, but ...:
      Recently I realized that I have some issues with BPQ+FBB under WinXP
      that do not happen under Win2k (the same type of installation both).
      Well, regardless BPQ32 is already active or not, an activation of FBB
      causes opening a small window entitled 'Program to hold BPQ32.dll in
      memory' (that does not happen uder Win2k). When I close FBB manually
      that window does not close. When I re-start FBB again (or after the
      housekeeping), another window entitled 'Program to hold BPQ32.dll in
      memory' appears, so they are two, etc.

      Besides that, after some 5-10 minutes of telnet forwarding via the
      Internet, it seems that FBB somehow loses its dirmes.sys file and asks
      me if I want it to create another one (which, again, does not happen
      under Win 2000). But whatever I answer (Y/N), in the next minute or two
      the bbs failures and closes. After the next activation, it starts with
      an empty dirmes.sys file, so the number of available messages is set to
      zero.

      Any explanation of those funny things? Btw, my WinXP and Win2k is a
      dual-boot system, where each of them have their own installation of
      BPQ32 (C:\BPQ32 and D:\BPQ32 respectively), as well as their own
      installations of FBB, (though they share FBB's system files on D disk,
      which is W2k's FAT32 partition). Btw, generally speaking, what folder is
      better for BPQ: ..\Program Files\BPQ32, or in the root of a partition
      (like C:\BPQ32). Under W2000 I can start BPQ32 from within
      non-administrative account but under WinXP it asks for admin. rights to
      be activated.

      Any cure?

      Misko YT7MPB