BPQ32_6.0.6.1_20140406 including BPQMail, BPQChat and BPQAPRS is available

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7 4:08 PM
      A new release, BPQ32_6.0.6.1_20140406, for Windows, is available for download at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/.

      John Wiseman, G8BPQ/GM8BPQ, has created a common code base for BPQ32 allowing both Windows (BPQ32) and Linux (LinBPQ) versions to be produced in a timely fashion.

      The updates are:
      BPQ32.dll Updated to Version 6.0.6.1. Changes Since 6.0.5.1
      BPQMail updated to Version 1.4.59.1 Changes since Version 1.4.58.1
      BPQChat updated to Version 1.0.4.1 Changes since Version 1.0.3.1

      Support program changes:
      BPQAPRS updated to Version 1.1.7.1
      BPQUIUtil.exe is withdrawn. It has been replaced by similar facilities in BPQ32.

      BPQMail (a BBS system) and BPQChat (a Chat system) has replaced BPQMailChat.

      BPQ32 has a basic Web Interface option. This provides Browser access to some node status displays, and a simple Web Terminal for access to the Network. It can also act as Web Server for other BPQ32 Applications, such as BPQAPRS

      BPQAPRS is an APRS mapping and messaging application. BPQAPRS at its current state of development is a viable replacement for UIView32 for many users and in addition is under active development to add additional capability. The BPQ32 digipeater is "New n-N Paradigm " compliant and provides enough objects to fully support the Local Info Initiative. A configuration example is provided to quickly get you 'on the air'. The BPQAPRS program provides mapping, using the on-line OpenStreetMap, as well as reliable messaging, to the degree this is possible, with the existing infrastructure.

      As a reminder, you must have all of your node configuration in BPQ32.cfg.  If you are still using the old method please read message #10713 for further details.

      Microsoft has, since the introduction of Windows XP, recommended that an installation be split in to a "program files" part and an "application data" part. This was not enforced in Windows XP but it is being enforced in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Many programs have been installed in the root, such as C:\Ham Programs to get around this recommendation, but the result is annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this program' etc. If you have used this workaround, you can, after installing this release, do an uninstall, which will preserve your configuration, and then repeat the install taking all the defaults. The result will be to divide your installation properly into %programfiles%\bpq32 and %appdata%\bpq32.

      Help will be available in the BPQ32 Users Group should you have questions.

      The changelog is here:
      http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#Changelog

      Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless work enhancing BPQ32!

      73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E (ex N5IN)

    • n9vt_andy
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8 6:03 PM
        Ron,

        Thanks for posting the updated version. I've installed it and it's running well - Mail, Chat and APRS are all functioning properly.

        Is there any documentation on the new file storage capability in BPQMail? The help system shows the LISTFILES and READ commands but I can't find any information on what folder these commands are pointing to.

        73,
        Andy
        N9VT
      • n5in_ron
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9 8:19 AM
          Andy

          All the docs are at http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/

          If not, then hopefully John, or someone else in the group, can answer your question.  I have very little knowledge of BPQMail.

          Ron, AE5E
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9 9:35 AM

            As often happens the documentation is lagging behind the code!

            Files go in BPQMailChat/Files on Windows, or Files under your Linbpq directory in Linux.

            At the moment only text files may be stored, and there is no facility for uses to upload files - the sysop must place them in the Files folder.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9 10:19 AM
              John,

              Thank you. I'll test the functionality this evening.

              R/
              Andy

              On Apr 9, 2014, at 12:35, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

              As often happens the documentation is lagging behind the code!

              Files go in BPQMailChat/Files on Windows, or Files under your Linbpq directory in Linux.

              At the moment only text files may be stored, and there is no facility for uses to upload files - the sysop must place them in the Files folder.

              73, John

            • Paul Godolphin NZ
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2014
                From:  ZL4AX-10:PUKKIE    Paul, New Zealand

                Hi Ron

                I was wondering if you’re doing some kind of re-configuration on your system right now?
                For the last few days, when my users connect to you from my Gateway, they’re not being
                connected to your DX-Cluster in the usual way, but are getting re-routed to a station in
                Canada instead ?
                The station in Canada doesn’t respond to any commands or help requests, and just keeps
                on replying with “Invalid Callsign” in response to any input.

                Please let me know if there’s a fault, or are you doing some work on your setup?
                many thanks
                Paul ZL4AX
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6, 2014
                  Paul

                  I just checked Ron's CC Cluster connection, I think Ron has change the
                  cluster call
                  From AE5E-2 to just AE5E, I had the same application call in my bpq32.cfg
                  for Ron's cluster, edit your application to connect to just AE5E not -2.

                  Some how VE3KPG-2 is answering threw N4JOA-3 the problem must be on VE3KPG'S
                  end, even with the incorrect SSID added to AE5E VE3KPG should not
                  Respond, Ron's Alias is different from VE3KPG-2, I have never seen this
                  happen.

                  Again just change the connect to Ron's CC Cluster from AE5E-2 to AE5E all
                  will be
                  Well.

                  73-Mike

                  Mike N9PMO