RE: [BPQ32] Re: Dx Spider and WinFBB and BPQ

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
      Lee,

      That is correct. It is not even a direct replacement for one application, as
      it will still only respond to the node/bbs call/alias, whatever call the AGW
      app registers.

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
        Lee,
        Are you running BPQ32, Spider and WinFBB on the same machine?
        - Mark K2CAN
      • ve7cc
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
          Hi Mark.

          No.

          I am running AGW, 2x Spider, and AR Cluster on the same machine.
          AGW serves all 3 cluster programs. Users connect to any cluster they
          want via the TNCs by simply connecting to the application callsign.

          BPQ32 and WinFBB are on another machine with another set of TNCs.

          I would like to have only one set of TNCs that would allow users to
          connect to any of the applications, Spider, AR Cluster or WinFBB by
          connecting to a call, not by going through a gateway.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
            Hi Folks,

            As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with BPQ32, I've
            written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32 without having
            to use AGW.

            Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it once it is
            stable?

            73,
            John G8BPQ
          • Jim
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
              Hi John

              I'd be interested to see a direct interface from bpq32 to DXnet dx
              cluster software as well.

              Currently we had planned to use bpq2agw as dxnet also supports the agw
              interface.

              Jim

              John Wiseman wrote:
              > Hi Folks,
              >
              > As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with BPQ32, I've
              > written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32 without having
              > to use AGW.
              >
              > Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it once it is
              > stable?
              >
              > 73,
              > John G8BPQ
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Paulo Santos
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
                Hi John and group,

                I am interested in testing your routine to run dxspider with BPQ32
                without use AGW.

                73'
                Paulo Santos, CT4DK

                wrote:

                > Hi Folks,
                >
                > As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with BPQ32,
                I've
                > written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32 without
                having
                > to use AGW.
                >
                > Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it
                once it is
                > stable?
                >
                > 73,
                > John G8BPQ

              • Ron Stordahl
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
                  Doesn't DXSpider have a AGWPE interface? If so couldn't you use it
                  immediately with AGWtoBPQ?

                  Ron, N5IN

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 11, 2006
                    Ron,

                    Yes, you can but it should be simpler to configure and more reliable
                    with a direct interface.

                    John, G8BPQ

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron.stordahl@d...> wrote:

                    > Doesn't DXSpider have a AGWPE interface? If so couldn't you use
                    it
                    > immediately with AGWtoBPQ?
                    >
                    > Ron, N5IN
                    >
                    > John Wiseman wrote:
                    > > Hi Folks,
                    > >
                    > > As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with
                    BPQ32, I've
                    > > written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32
                    without having
                    > > to use AGW.
                    > >
                    > > Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it
                    once
                    > > it is
                    > > stable?
                    > >
                    > > 73,
                    > > John G8BPQ

                    > > Ham radio
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby
                    +and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig
                    =neAnnVwAaiJ-io38JcwlhQ>
                    > > John wiseman
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Ho
                    bby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.
                    sig=KX8vx1ikYLOMjzP6rwlLyw>
                    > > Craft hobby
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
                    by+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.s
                    ig=Lbqvmsy2qag6MkPoWploRA>

                    > > Hobby and craft supply
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+h
                    obby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c
                    =6&s=119&.sig=VC0cPl3w4-AX0mf0_66V0A>
                    > > Icom ham radio
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Icom+ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=
                    Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119
                    &.sig=24wVxJmqVhNNTHpOTtLuMg>
                    > > Yaesu ham radio
                    > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Yaesu+ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4
                    =Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=11
                    9&.sig=VtTj3Fc550LZLQMZHqMV3Q>

                    subject=Unsubscribe>