Can I add an additional UDP Port?

  • kb5hav
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2014

      I need some help as I can't find the answers I need.  Like most, I am using AXIP to forward with other stations.  Most all are using UDP 10093.  I have new station who uses UDP 10092.  I have that port opened in my firewall and added the line UDP 10092 in my AX/IP/UDP port definition string but seem to be getting an error.  My the AXIP Port # Resolver, I see the station I want to communicate with the proper MAP string but it ends with = 11001 B instead of the actual IP address of that station.

      Below is a copy of my AXIP section.  Do I need UDP 10092, 10093 or as I have below?

      Many thanks,
      Bobby
      KB5HAV

      ;-------------------------- AX/IP/UDP port definition.-------------
      ;
      PORT
       PORTNUM=2
       ID=AX/IP/UDP
       TYPE=EXTERNAL
       DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
       QUALITY=192
       MINQUAL=168
       MAXFRAME=5
       FRACK=3000
       RESPTIME=1000
       RETRIES=5
       PACLEN=230
       CONFIG
       MHEARD
       UDP 10092
       UDP 10093
       AUTOADDMAP
       BROADCAST NODES

      All my MAP DATA is next.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2014

        Bobby,

        Error 11001 is “Host Not Found”. Check the host name in the MAP statement.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2014
          Bobby

          11001 showing in the Resolver window is you have not received a ping or
          connection back from the other station, a few things can cause this:
          error in you map line
          Error in remote station map line or his DNS updater is not setup or running
          More likely 10092 UDP in is router is blocked.

          Note: is he has Satellite & Cell ISP server, UDP will not work, you both
          would need to switch to AXTCP.

          I have included a port checking tool in my drop box, download and install,
          close all BPQ Programs
          That are using the port in question, enter UDP and 10092 if it is open on
          your end send your partner
          The drop box URL with the instructions.

          You can also try commenting out his Map line in your AXIP Port, in most
          cases only one side needs the
          Map line, if there is an error on the remote side DNS Host this may solve
          the problem.

          Portforwarding.com is a good resource for Routers.

          https://www.dropbox.com/s/20wc43nphbt5yix/PFPortChecker.exe

          let me know how your turn out.

          Mike N9PMO
          BPQ32 Group Moderator