bpq32 V6.0.5.23 crashes

  • k9drh@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 22, 2014
      I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem?

      using HTML terminal interface you connect <port> <node>
      ****** Connect
      everything works file in this node connection.
      if you connect to another node and the node times out you get a message
      ********* Retry timed out in node <node>
      and immediately the bpq32 crashes with a pop up message needs to restart.
      only seems to happen on retry time out. if node connects no problem, works as expected.
      Solution anyone.
      73
      Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 22, 2014
        Dave

        I just tried mine here threw LAN, but in my case I connected to a BBS first,
        connection
        Was made fine, preformed a LC with response, then B to disconnect from the
        BBS.

        Then tried the same BBS Node, it appeared that after exiting the BBS caused
        BPQ32.EXE to crash, I had to restart all BPQ programs, so I never got a
        chance to get as far as you did.

        BPQ32.DLL v 6.0.5.23
        Mail Server 1.4.58.5
        APRS 1.1.6.3
        Chat 1.0.3.1

        Windows Tester version.

        Mike N9PMO
        BPQ32 Group Moderator

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23, 2014

          Mike/Dave,

          I can’t reproduce it here with the latest code. Can you try it? It will need a new HTML Pages.

          https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/bpq32.zip

          https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/HTMLPages.zip

          If it still fails can you have a look in the Windows Event Log, and see if there is anything useful there.

          Thanks,

          John

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 23, 2014
            Thanks John
            I had a chance this morning to try the DLL and HTML pages.
            my finding:

            Routes OK

            Nodes OK

            Ports OK

            Links OK

            Users OK

            Stats OK

            Terminal

                           Bbs OK

                           Rms OK

                           Chat OK

                           Connect The .dll did crash once but was unable to reproduce it. Note did not find anything useful in event logs when the first crash occurred. I had one instance where I was connect via two digi’s (RF) to a far end node and when I issued a n l to look at the nodes, I could see on the port monitor that the far end node broadcasted the nodes list however they did not show on terminal window, in fact terminal window seem to hold all display. Issued a b to disconnect and disconnect was sent and all links were removed according to port monitor but not shown on terminal display.  I will have to try that again. No failure on original crash was able to continue working even though *****Retry time out on bad nodes had occurred.

                           Bye OK

                           Info OK

                           Nodes OK

                           Ports OK

                           Routes OK

                           Users OK

                           MheardOK

            Drivers Window shows HTTP Session but no Callsign or Queue information for session.

            Stream Status OK

            Mail Server

                           Status OK

                           Config cause crash of mail server

                           Users still does not show Zipcode

                           Messages OK

                           Forwarding OK

            Welcome OK

            House OK

            WP OK

            Node Return OK

            Chat Server

                           Status OK

                           Config OK

                           Return OK

            I will do some more testing later today and if I find something else I will advise.
            Thanks for all you do.
            73 Dave
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 23, 2014

              Sorry, Dave.

              You’ll also need the latest BPQMail.exe to run with those pages.

              https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/BPQMail.exe

              I haven’t added the ZIP display yet.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 23, 2014

                    Seem to solve the problem here, I made several node and BBS connections
                    including
                    Node to node then BBS.

                    Thanks

                    Mike N9PMO
                    BPQ32 Group Moderator

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 24, 2014
                      Thanks John,
                      That did the trick, all seems to work now.
                      one two item for future I think would be nice to see fixed:
                      the Zip in user config &
                      Drivers Window shows HTTP Session but no Callsign or Queue information for session.
                      Would like to who and how many are using telnet server.
                      Thanks again
                      73
                      Dave