bpq 407a for Kantronics Data Engine Problem

  • k_rung
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2008
      Does anyone have experience with the 407a data engine software in eprom?

      I have made up a number of the images and burned them and they work
      partially.

      The problem I have is that they work fine if you are connecting
      through the node from one end of a network to the other end of the
      network. Where I am having a problem is if I connect to the particular
      bpq node data engine and then try and connect out of the node, it will
      not go and just sits there and you can see it transmitting but never
      connects to the destination node.

      Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

      I am using the data engine with two 19.2 modems to data radios going
      to the network backbone and the serial port of the data engine is
      connected to a linux pc running fbb, dxcluster, irlp, echoirlp, xnet etc.

      The data engine can be used fine for thru connects directly from
      another network node to port A and out port B or to the pc on the
      serial port but again, If I connect from any of the 3 ports to the
      data engine itself and try to connect outbound on any of the other two
      ports nothing happens.

      Any ideas would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Klaus
      ve3kr
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2008
        Message
        Klaus,

        Nothing immediately springs to mind, but if you send me your bpqcfg.txt I'll see if I can spot any possible problems.

        Aslo is you network accessible over the Internet? If so, I could connect and see if I can see anything odd.

        73, John G8BPQ