RE: [BPQ32] Dx Spider and WinFBB and BPQ

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
      Hi Lee,

      BPQ32 only supports direct connects to one application, the first in the
      APPLICATIONS string in BPQCFG.TXT, and using APPLMASK=1. For others, the
      user must first connect to the node, then issue the appropriate command to
      connect to the application.

      So:

      Edit BPQCFG.TXT to something like:

      APPLICATIONS=BBS,XXX,*SYS,CLUSTER

      Run BPQCFG.EXE

      Start AGWtoBPQ, change ApplMask to 8, shut down

      Run WINFBB and AGWtoBPQ

      Run spider

      Run BPQTERMINAL (or connect to the switch from an external source)

      Enter CLUSTER - this will connect you to dxspider.

      Note that the spider callsign must be the same as the BBSCALL in bpqcfg.txt.

      As far as I can see, you cannot change the Appl used by FBB, so you can't do
      this the other way round, with spider as the first app, and fbb as the 4th.

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
        Thanks for the info John

        So if AGW is using more than one application , BPQ32 is not a simple
        drop in replacement from a user point of view, since AGW will respond
        to any of its application callsigns.

        Lee

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@n...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Lee,
        >
        > BPQ32 only supports direct connects to one application, the first
        in the
        > APPLICATIONS string in BPQCFG.TXT, and using APPLMASK=1. For
        others, the
        > user must first connect to the node, then issue the appropriate
        command to
        > connect to the application.
        >
        > So:
        >
        > Edit BPQCFG.TXT to something like:
        >
        > APPLICATIONS=BBS,XXX,*SYS,CLUSTER
        >
        > Run BPQCFG.EXE
        >
        > Start AGWtoBPQ, change ApplMask to 8, shut down
        >
        > Run WINFBB and AGWtoBPQ
        >
        > Run spider
        >
        > Run BPQTERMINAL (or connect to the switch from an external source)
        >
        > Enter CLUSTER - this will connect you to dxspider.
        >

        > Note that the spider callsign must be the same as the BBSCALL in
        bpqcfg.txt.

        > As far as I can see, you cannot change the Appl used by FBB, so you
        can't do
        > this the other way round, with spider as the first app, and fbb as
        the 4th.

        > Regards,

        Behalf Of

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
          Lee,

          That is correct. It is not even a direct replacement for one application, as
          it will still only respond to the node/bbs call/alias, whatever call the AGW
          app registers.

          Regards,

          wrote:

          > Hi Lee,
          >
          > BPQ32 only supports direct connects to one application, the first
          in the
          > APPLICATIONS string in BPQCFG.TXT, and using APPLMASK=1. For
          others, the
          > user must first connect to the node, then issue the appropriate
          command to
          > connect to the application.
          >
          > So:
          >
          > Edit BPQCFG.TXT to something like:
          >
          > APPLICATIONS=BBS,XXX,*SYS,CLUSTER
          >
          > Run BPQCFG.EXE
          >
          > Start AGWtoBPQ, change ApplMask to 8, shut down
          >
          > Run WINFBB and AGWtoBPQ
          >
          > Run spider
          >
          > Run BPQTERMINAL (or connect to the switch from an external source)
          >
          > Enter CLUSTER - this will connect you to dxspider.
          >

          > Note that the spider callsign must be the same as the BBSCALL in
          bpqcfg.txt.

          > As far as I can see, you cannot change the Appl used by FBB, so you
          can't do
          > this the other way round, with spider as the first app, and fbb as
          the 4th.

          > Regards,

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Mark Harloff
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
            Lee,
            Are you running BPQ32, Spider and WinFBB on the same machine?
            - Mark K2CAN
          • ve7cc
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 9, 2006
              Hi Mark.

              No.

              I am running AGW, 2x Spider, and AR Cluster on the same machine.
              AGW serves all 3 cluster programs. Users connect to any cluster they
              want via the TNCs by simply connecting to the application callsign.

              BPQ32 and WinFBB are on another machine with another set of TNCs.

              I would like to have only one set of TNCs that would allow users to
              connect to any of the applications, Spider, AR Cluster or WinFBB by
              connecting to a call, not by going through a gateway.

              Lee

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
                Hi Folks,

                As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with BPQ32, I've
                written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32 without having
                to use AGW.

                Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it once it is
                stable?

                73,
                John G8BPQ
              • Jim
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
                  Hi John

                  I'd be interested to see a direct interface from bpq32 to DXnet dx
                  cluster software as well.

                  Currently we had planned to use bpq2agw as dxnet also supports the agw
                  interface.

                  Jim

                  John Wiseman wrote:
                  > Hi Folks,
                  >
                  > As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with BPQ32, I've
                  > written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32 without having
                  > to use AGW.
                  >
                  > Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it once it is
                  > stable?
                  >
                  > 73,
                  > John G8BPQ
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Paulo Santos
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
                    Hi John and group,

                    I am interested in testing your routine to run dxspider with BPQ32
                    without use AGW.

                    73'
                    Paulo Santos, CT4DK

                    wrote:

                    > Hi Folks,
                    >
                    > As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with BPQ32,
                    I've
                    > written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32 without
                    having
                    > to use AGW.
                    >
                    > Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it
                    once it is
                    > stable?
                    >
                    > 73,
                    > John G8BPQ

                  • Ron Stordahl
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
                      Doesn't DXSpider have a AGWPE interface? If so couldn't you use it
                      immediately with AGWtoBPQ?

                      Ron, N5IN

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 11, 2006
                        Ron,

                        Yes, you can but it should be simpler to configure and more reliable
                        with a direct interface.

                        John, G8BPQ

                        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron.stordahl@d...> wrote:

                        > Doesn't DXSpider have a AGWPE interface? If so couldn't you use
                        it
                        > immediately with AGWtoBPQ?
                        >
                        > Ron, N5IN
                        >
                        > John Wiseman wrote:
                        > > Hi Folks,
                        > >
                        > > As there seems to be some interest in running dxspider with
                        BPQ32, I've
                        > > written a routine to allow spider to talk directly to bpq32
                        without having
                        > > to use AGW.
                        > >
                        > > Is anyone interested in either testing it, or even just using it
                        once
                        > > it is
                        > > stable?
                        > >
                        > > 73,
                        > > John G8BPQ

                        > > Ham radio
                        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                        t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby
                        +and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig
                        =neAnnVwAaiJ-io38JcwlhQ>
                        > > John wiseman
                        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                        t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Ho
                        bby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.
                        sig=KX8vx1ikYLOMjzP6rwlLyw>
                        > > Craft hobby
                        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                        t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
                        by+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.s
                        ig=Lbqvmsy2qag6MkPoWploRA>

                        > > Hobby and craft supply
                        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                        t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+h
                        obby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c
                        =6&s=119&.sig=VC0cPl3w4-AX0mf0_66V0A>
                        > > Icom ham radio
                        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                        t=ms&k=Icom+ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=
                        Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119
                        &.sig=24wVxJmqVhNNTHpOTtLuMg>
                        > > Yaesu ham radio
                        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                        t=ms&k=Yaesu+ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4
                        =Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=11
                        9&.sig=VtTj3Fc550LZLQMZHqMV3Q>

                        subject=Unsubscribe>