SYSTEM HOLD Mail Flag

  • Don Poaps
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014
      In my BPQ Mail User setup I have not checked off HOLD mail. I've
      looked at Manage Mail. I see P and N.

      I've changed each user to P and Y. I can't even get email for myself
      that a user sent via OUTPOST.

      Where am I going wrong. I did read the doc's online. I don't have H
      showing in the User set up.

      Don va7dgp

      --
      Don Poaps
      New Westminster, BC
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014

        I don’t really understand what you are asking.

        The P and N in Manage Messages are Type and State flags – P means Personal and N means not read. There is rarely any need to change them.

        Normally if “Hold Messages” in Manage Users is set you should turn it off. It is used if you want to review all messages before they are forwarded.

        John

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014
          Hi John

          Some how the messages are being held. I've been looking on

          to try and find the Personal Mail, what I should set up so all mail can be read. Right now Mail is on Hold. I only have a few users. I did put a blur in Facebook for Radio Amateur Canada letting them know about the BBS under construction.

          Don

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014

            This is what I'm getting when I changed it from P N to P Y

            To: VA7DGP Type/Status: PY
            Date/Time: 28-Feb 02:12Z
            Bid: 3_VA7DGP
            Title: Message 2 Held - User has Hold Messages flag set
            Message 2 Held [End of Message #3 from SYSTEM]
            de VA7DGP>

            I went to system and changed P N to P Y..I still get the hold message.

            Don

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014

              I copied the Message PNG set up in the HOLD Messages from the web example
              From: System To System. I also had RMS in. I've removed it and we see what happens..

              Don

              On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
              John

              This is what I'm getting when I changed it from P N to P Y

              To: VA7DGP Type/Status: PY

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014
                John..

                That wasn't it.

                From: SYSTEM To: VA7DGP Type/Status: PY
                Date/Time: 28-Feb 02:12Z Bid: 3_VA7DGP
                Title: Message 2 Held - User has Hold Messages flag set Message 2 Held [End of Message #3 from SYSTEM] de VA7DGP>

                Don

                On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
                John

                I copied the Message PNG set up in the HOLD Messages from the web example

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014
                  Each user has a hold flag in their profile, so uncheck that to unhold incoming messages. Dennis.
                • Don Poaps
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 2, 2014
                    Dennis

                    Each User on Line has: Don't Hold Mail not checked.

                    I went over it several times to see. Show How system says a user has it on Hold. Unless there's something in the BPQmail.ini or CFG that's holding the mail.

                    Thank You anyways..

                    This is weird..

                    Don

                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014

                        Don,

                        I’m still not sure what you are getting at, The P and N have nothing to do with holding messages. Use the Manage Users Screen as below

                        Turn off the “Hold Message” Checkbox for each user.

                        By default messages from new users are held until you turn this off. You can change the default from the main configuration screen

                        Check the “Don’t Hold Messages from new users” box.

                        If you have a lot of held messages you can unhold them all with the “UH ALL” BBS command

                          In my BPQ Mail User setup I have not checked off HOLD mail. I've
                          looked at Manage Mail. I see P and N.

                          I've changed each user to P and Y. I can't even get email for myself
                          that a user sent via OUTPOST.

                          Where am I going wrong. I did read the doc's online. I don't have H
                          showing in the User set up.

                          Don va7dgp

                          --
                          Don Poaps
                          New Westminster, BC
                          VA7DGP

                          --

                          Don Poaps

                          New Westminster, BC

                          VA7DGP

                          --

                          Don Poaps

                          New Westminster, BC

                          VA7DGP

                          Yahoo! Groups
                          Privacy

                          --
                          Don Poaps
                          New Westminster, BC

                        • Don Poaps
                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014
                            ​John

                            Hold Messages flag set 11     28-Feb PY      17 VA7DGP         SYSTEM Message 10 Held - User has Hold Messages flag set 9      28-Feb PY      16 VA7DGP         SYSTEM Message 8 Held - User has Hold Messages flag set 7      28-Feb PY      16 VA7DGP         SYSTEM Message 6 Held - User has Hold Messages flag set 5      28-Feb PY      16 VA7DGP         SYSTEM Message 4 Held - User has Hold Messages flag set 3      28-Feb PY      16 VA7DGP         SYSTEM Message 2 Held - User has Hold Messages flag set de VA7DGP>
                            Only user that has HOLD is Mike N9PMO and all the rest have BBS and Expert checked. NO Messages Held (HOLD)

                            Don va7dgp

                            On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:12 AM, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
                            John

[...]

                              n0kfq@...

                            • Don Poaps

                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014
                                  Don

                                  First why so you have N9PMO flagged as Hold?

                                  Messages that can't be delivered will be held, do you have your self set as a user and flagged
                                  As a BBS?

                                  In the main configuration do you have Don't Hold messages from new users checked?
                                  Any time a new user logs on a message will be ether held or sent to you, I don't make it
                                  A habit to flag every new user as a BBS, they first have to have their user information complete
                                  As a user, if not they won't be flagged by me, at this point I consider they are just node hopping .

                                  Here are all of the commands, not Sysop command require (password) (all one word) entered first

                                  http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BBSUserCommands.html

                                  Mike N9PMO
                                  BPQ32 Group Moderator
                                  I did the UH ALL. It's still say user has flag set to hold. All users do not have hold only Mike.

                                  Don

                                  On Monday, March 3, 2014, K.O. Higgs <n0kfq@...> wrote:
                                  You have to use the "UH ####" command to release messages that are "held". The "HOLD MESSAGE" "tic" will start or stop further messages from being held.

[...]

                                  Reply to sender
                                  Reply to group
                                  Start a New Topic
                                  Messages in this topic (10)
                                  VISIT YOUR GROUP
                                  • New Members 3

                                  • Privacy •

                                  --
                                  Don Poaps
                                  New Westminster, BC

                                  --
                                  Don Poaps
                                  New Westminster, BC

                                  --

                                  K.O. Higgs
                                  n0kfq@...

                                  --
                                  Don Poaps
                                  New Westminster, BC

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014
                                      Yes K.O

                                      UH All or UH message Number number can be used, but UH is a sysop command, I just placed a
                                      Test message with JPG in the message,, this will be held from the badwords.sys, it was
                                      I used uh all and sure enough it was un held, this surprises me being a sysop command and
                                      Password was not needed.

                                      Mike N9PMO
                                      BPQ32 Group Moderator

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014

                                        Mike,

                                        If you are a sysop and access the BBS using the BBS Console, a local terminal or a Telnet session with SYSOP status you don’t need a password to use SYSOP commands. If you access over a packet link or an insecure Telnet session you have to use a one-tine password generated by BPQAUTH to get sysop status.

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014

                                          I copied the Message PNG set up in the HOLD Messages from the web example

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014
                                            Yes John, after sending the e-mail I realized why the sysop password wasn't needed, although
                                            If you try command sendnodes from BPQ Terminal password is needed along with several
                                            Other commands, stop/startport etc.

                                            Thanks.

                                            Mike N9PMO
                                            BPQ32 Group Moderator

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Mar 3, 2014
                                              Don

                                              One, did you add the badwords.sys I sent you in the BPQ32
                                              Configuration/BPQMailChat folder?

                                              If you did any 7+ 7PLUS JPG will be held, now the message you see to you
                                              (sysop) is not the

                                              Message that is held, that is the warning message, re-read the message again
                                              it will show

                                              You the message number being held, usually the previous message to the
                                              warning message.

                                              This is why you only see PN or PY N has not been sent or read, Y has been
                                              read.

                                              Per our conversation I explained why I reject all 7Plus messages.
                                              7+
                                              7plus
                                              jpg
                                              *.jpg

                                              Mike N9PMO
                                              BPQ32 Group Moderator
                                              I copied the Message PNG set up in the HOLD Messages from the web example
                                              From: System To System. I also had RMS in. I've removed it and we see what
                                              happens..

                                              To: VA7DGP Type/Status: PY

                                              http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/MailServer.html