Re: [BPQ32] bpq32 help

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
      You are probably using the BPQ Telnet port in
      some other application that you are running.

      Check your BPQTelnetServer.cfg file to see what
      TCPPORT= is set to.
      Change it to a new port number and restart BPQ.
      If that solves the error problem, you should be
      able to telnet into the node using the new port
      number.

      If the error message re-appears, let us know.

      - Mark K2CAN

      mi0rsn wrote:

      > Hi all still having problems with telnet. I still get bind(sock)
      > failed error 10048.I think I have bpqcfg not set up right and not sure
      > about the port. I have tried 80 72 and 32 with no success.
      > Could some one send me a copy of bpqcfg. And where or do you put the
      > ip address?
      > I am running windows xp professional
      > Richard
      > MI0RSN

    • mi0rsn
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2009
        Hi all sill having problems with telnet set up when I click on bpq
        telnet server I get the message bpq telnetserver.cfg could not be
        opened.
        The telnetserver.cfg file is in bpq folder the version I am runing is
        4.10.6.7 what am I doing wrong?

        73,
        Rick
        MI0RSN
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2009
          4.10.6 has a problem with the code that lets programs find the config directory. Try either upgrading, or running TelnetServer from the BPQ Directory.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
            John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on computer restart like axipheard does?
            Thanks,
            73
            mike kb5wbh
            Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas. Generators are nice!!

            4.10.6 has a problem with the code that lets programs find the config directory. Try either upgrading, or running TelnetServer from the BPQ Directory.

            Hi all sill having problems with telnet set up when I click on bpq
            telnet server I get the message bpq telnetserver. cfg could not be
            opened.
            The telnetserver. cfg file is in bpq folder the version I am runing is
            4.10.6.7 what am I doing wrong?

            73,
            Rick
            MI0RSN

            Internal Virus Database is out of date.
          • Ron Stordahl N5IN
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
              Mike

              You are aware that you can place a shortcut to bpqterminal in your
              startup folder? Then upon a reboot bpqterminal will start. Since you
              must be aware of this perhaps I don't understand your question?

              Ron, N5IN

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nettles" <Mike_Nettles@...> wrote:

              > John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on
              computer restart like axipheard does?
              > Thanks,
              > 73
              > mike kb5wbh
              > Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas.
              Generators are nice!!

              Behalf Of mi0rsn
              > Sent: 29 January 2009 22:15
              > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [BPQ32] bpq32 help
              >

              > Hi all sill having problems with telnet set up when I click on bpq
              > telnet server I get the message bpq telnetserver.cfg could not be
              > opened.
              > The telnetserver.cfg file is in bpq folder the version I am
              runing is
              > 4.10.6.7 what am I doing wrong?
              >
              > 73,
              > Rick
              > MI0RSN

              1/25/2009 6:13 PM

            • Mike Nettles
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
                Yes, I have bpq32 in my startup but didn't know if it would start bpq32 first then bpqterminal or if it mattered which one started first?
                73
                Mike kb5wbh

                You are aware that you can place a shortcut to bpqterminal in your
                startup folder? Then upon a reboot bpqterminal will start. Since you
                must be aware of this perhaps I don't understand your question?

                Ron, N5IN

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Mike Nettles" <Mike_Nettles@ ...> wrote:

                > John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on
                computer restart like axipheard does?
                > Thanks,
                > 73
                > mike kb5wbh
                > Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas.
                Generators are nice!!

                1/25/2009 6:13 PM

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
                  Yor don't normally need to start bpq32.exe. Starting any other bpq program will load the switch. BPQ32.exe is used if you want just the switch running without any applications (that would normally be for a remote RF Node), or when running 16 bit or perl programs with bpq32. In the latter case, bpq32.exe is started automatically when the 16bit or perl program is loaded. So you just need to put a shortcut to bpqterminal in your startup folder.

                  73,
                  John G8BPQ

                  Yes, I have bpq32 in my startup but didn't know if it would start bpq32 first then bpqterminal or if it mattered which one started first?
                  73
                  Mike kb5wbh

                  You are aware that you can place a shortcut to bpqterminal in your
                  startup folder? Then upon a reboot bpqterminal will start. Since you
                  must be aware of this perhaps I don't understand your question?

                  Ron, N5IN

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Mike Nettles" <Mike_Nettles@ ...> wrote:

                  > John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on
                  computer restart like axipheard does?
                  > Thanks,
                  > 73
                  > mike kb5wbh
                  > Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas.
                  Generators are nice!!

                  1/25/2009 6:13 PM