bpq32 help

  • mi0rsn
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi all still having problems with telnet. I still get bind(sock)
      failed error 10048.I think I have bpqcfg not set up right and not sure
      about the port. I have tried 80 72 and 32 with no success.
      Could some one send me a copy of bpqcfg. And where or do you put the
      ip address?
      I am running windows xp professional
      Richard
      MI0RSN
    • Mark Harloff
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
        You are probably using the BPQ Telnet port in
        some other application that you are running.

        Check your BPQTelnetServer.cfg file to see what
        TCPPORT= is set to.
        Change it to a new port number and restart BPQ.
        If that solves the error problem, you should be
        able to telnet into the node using the new port
        number.

        If the error message re-appears, let us know.

        - Mark K2CAN

        mi0rsn wrote:

        > Hi all still having problems with telnet. I still get bind(sock)
        > failed error 10048.I think I have bpqcfg not set up right and not sure
        > about the port. I have tried 80 72 and 32 with no success.
        > Could some one send me a copy of bpqcfg. And where or do you put the
        > ip address?
        > I am running windows xp professional
        > Richard
        > MI0RSN

      • mi0rsn
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2009
          Hi all sill having problems with telnet set up when I click on bpq
          telnet server I get the message bpq telnetserver.cfg could not be
          opened.
          The telnetserver.cfg file is in bpq folder the version I am runing is
          4.10.6.7 what am I doing wrong?

          73,
          Rick
          MI0RSN
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2009
            Message
            4.10.6 has a problem with the code that lets programs find the config directory. Try either upgrading, or running TelnetServer from the BPQ Directory.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
              John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on computer restart like axipheard does?
              Thanks,
              73
              mike kb5wbh
              Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas. Generators are nice!!

              4.10.6 has a problem with the code that lets programs find the config directory. Try either upgrading, or running TelnetServer from the BPQ Directory.

              Hi all sill having problems with telnet set up when I click on bpq
              telnet server I get the message bpq telnetserver. cfg could not be
              opened.
              The telnetserver. cfg file is in bpq folder the version I am runing is
              4.10.6.7 what am I doing wrong?

              73,
              Rick
              MI0RSN

              Internal Virus Database is out of date.
            • Ron Stordahl N5IN
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
                Mike

                You are aware that you can place a shortcut to bpqterminal in your
                startup folder? Then upon a reboot bpqterminal will start. Since you
                must be aware of this perhaps I don't understand your question?

                Ron, N5IN

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nettles" <Mike_Nettles@...> wrote:

                > John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on
                computer restart like axipheard does?
                > Thanks,
                > 73
                > mike kb5wbh
                > Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas.
                Generators are nice!!

                Behalf Of mi0rsn
                > Sent: 29 January 2009 22:15
                > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [BPQ32] bpq32 help
                >

                > Hi all sill having problems with telnet set up when I click on bpq
                > telnet server I get the message bpq telnetserver.cfg could not be
                > opened.
                > The telnetserver.cfg file is in bpq folder the version I am
                runing is
                > 4.10.6.7 what am I doing wrong?
                >
                > 73,
                > Rick
                > MI0RSN

                1/25/2009 6:13 PM

              • Mike Nettles
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
                  Yes, I have bpq32 in my startup but didn't know if it would start bpq32 first then bpqterminal or if it mattered which one started first?
                  73
                  Mike kb5wbh

                  You are aware that you can place a shortcut to bpqterminal in your
                  startup folder? Then upon a reboot bpqterminal will start. Since you
                  must be aware of this perhaps I don't understand your question?

                  Ron, N5IN

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Mike Nettles" <Mike_Nettles@ ...> wrote:

                  > John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on
                  computer restart like axipheard does?
                  > Thanks,
                  > 73
                  > mike kb5wbh
                  > Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas.
                  Generators are nice!!

                  1/25/2009 6:13 PM

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
                    Message
                    Yor don't normally need to start bpq32.exe. Starting any other bpq program will load the switch. BPQ32.exe is used if you want just the switch running without any applications (that would normally be for a remote RF Node), or when running 16 bit or perl programs with bpq32. In the latter case, bpq32.exe is started automatically when the 16bit or perl program is loaded. So you just need to put a shortcut to bpqterminal in your startup folder.

                    73,
                    John G8BPQ

                    Yes, I have bpq32 in my startup but didn't know if it would start bpq32 first then bpqterminal or if it mattered which one started first?
                    73
                    Mike kb5wbh

                    You are aware that you can place a shortcut to bpqterminal in your
                    startup folder? Then upon a reboot bpqterminal will start. Since you
                    must be aware of this perhaps I don't understand your question?

                    Ron, N5IN

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Mike Nettles" <Mike_Nettles@ ...> wrote:

                    > John, is there a way in bpq32 to automatically start bpqterminal on
                    computer restart like axipheard does?
                    > Thanks,
                    > 73
                    > mike kb5wbh
                    > Day 3 with no main ac power from the Ice Storm that hit Arkansas.
                    Generators are nice!!

                    1/25/2009 6:13 PM