Beacon

  • Don Poaps
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
      I have two BPQ32 running. The main one at my home QTH. The real one.is
      running UZ7HO at my home. The one at the store also has UZ7HO and I
      see Beacon Config coming from BPQ Console. The one at home has no
      beacon config. I can't see the difference..

      later

      --
      Don Poaps
      New Westminster, BC
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014

        Probably different versions. The Beacon setup in BPQ32 Console is only in the beta version.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
          Thank You..

          I'm learning alot with Mike's help.

          Don

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
            Since the BPQ32 I've got doesn't have the BPQ Beacon config. Can I set
            up a Beacon Routing in the UZ7HO set up.

            Beacon 10 VA7DGP-1 v VE7TEL-8,604433

            --
            Don Poaps
            New Westminster, BC
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014

              Don,

              You can run BPQUIUtil.exe if your version of bpq32.dll doesn’t have the built in Beacon system.

              John

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
                Don

                BPQ has three ways of sending beacons, one is the Mail Server main
                configuration,
                Send Mail For Beacon every xx Minutes.

                The bpq32.cfg BText, and BTINTERVAL= Minutes

                Three:
                Start, All Programs, BPQ32, BPQUIUtil this is an EXE you can enter different
                BText per port and timing, the BPQUIUtil.exe must remain running, you can
                minimize it.

                Now I think there is a catch when using the UZ7HO, I think the beacon has to
                be entered in the UZ7HO program.

                Mike N9PMO
                BPQ32 Group Moderator

                Since the BPQ32 I've got doesn't have the BPQ Beacon config. Can I set
                up a Beacon Routing in the UZ7HO set up.

                Beacon 10 VA7DGP-1 v VE7TEL-8,604433

                --
                Don Poaps
                New Westminster, BC
                VA7DGP

                ------------------------------------

                Yahoo Groups Links
              • Don Poaps
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
                  This is what showing up in UZ7HO..

                  1:Fm  To  <UI F/C Pid=F0 Len=0> [14:44:13T]

                  Don va7dgp..I used BPQutil

                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
                      Mike has been an invaluable resource, helping out many hams over the years. It is good to hear him get some of the recognition that he deserves.

                      73 DE Charles, N5PVL

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
                        I found out that I had a dead USB port. I switched USB ports.
                        So I get home as mention I switch the port. Clinked on BPQutil. Now it does show up.
                        Back to square 1...

                        Don...

                        On Friday, February 28, 2014, Charles Brabham <n5pvl@...> wrote:

                        Mike has been an invaluable resource, helping out many hams over the years. It is good to hear him get some of the recognition that he deserves.

                        73 DE Charles, N5PVL

                        On 2/28/2014 1:27 PM, Don Poaps wrote:

                        Thank You..

                        I'm learning alot with Mike's help.

                        Don

                        --
                        Don Poaps
                        New Westminster, BC
                        VA7DGP

                      • truckerdon1949
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
                          Greetings..

                          1:Fm VA7DGP-7 To BEACON Via VE7TEL-8,604433 <UI F/C Pid=F0 Len=0> [16:19:55T]

                          1:Fm VA7DGP-7 To BEACON Via VE7TEL-8,604433 <UI F/C Pid=F0 Len=0> [16:20:06T]

                          1:Fm VA7DGP-7 To BEACON Via VE7TEL-8,604433 <UI F/C Pid=F0 Len=0> [16:20:41T]

                          I got it to work...Is there away to port the Btext
                          BTEXT:
                          VA7DGP-1  BPQ BBS
                          VA7DGP-6  DX CLuster
                          va7dgp-11 BBS CHAT

                          into Port 4 (UZ7HO)

                          I also have 14105 Net on. I'll be putting that on next with other Channel B Port 8001.

                          Same thing..I see the different ID-INFO coming across with their ports. etc

                          Don va7dgp

                        • Don Poaps
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 28, 2014
                            This the last one to night..see below
                            PORT
                             ID=UZ7HO Soundmodem A
                             DRIVER=UZ7HO
                             CHANNEL=A
                             PORTCALL=VA7DGP
                             PACLEN=80
                              CONFIG
                               ADDR 127.0.0.1 8000 PATH C:\UZ7HO\SoundModem.exe
                              MAXSESSIONS=5
                              UPDATEMAP
                              BEACON  10 VA7DGP-1 BBS 443.425
                            ENDPORT

                            PORT

                             ID=UZ7HO Soundmodem Chan 2
                             DRIVER=UZ7HO
                             CHANNEL=B
                             PORTCALL=VA7DGP
                             PACLEN=80

                             CONFIG

                              ADDR 127.0.0.1 8001 PATH C:\UZ7HO\SoundModem.exe
                              MAXSESSIONS=5
                              UPDATEMAP

                            ENDPORT

                            PORTS GVRD:VA7DGP-7} Ports
                              1 AX/IP/UDP
                             8 Pactor Link
                              3 TELNET Server
                              4 UZ7HO Soundmodem A
                              5 UZ7HO Soundmodem Chan 2

                            I'm getting a windows error 10048 when BPQ32 loads up UZ7HO. Says something about using 1 address.

                            Good Night that's for the questions

                            Don va7dgp

                            On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 4:26 PM, <va7dgp@...> wrote:

                            Greetings..

                            1:Fm VA7DGP-7 To BEACON Via VE7TEL-8,604433 <UI F/C Pid=F0 Len=0> [16:19:55T]

                            1:Fm VA7DGP-7 To BEACON Via VE7TEL-8,604433 <UI F/C Pid=F0 Len=0> [16:20:06T]

                            1:Fm VA7DGP-7 To BEACON Via VE7TEL-8,604433 <UI F/C Pid=F0 Len=0> [16:20:41T]

                            I got it to work...Is there away to port the Btext
                            BTEXT:
                            VA7DGP-1  BPQ BBS
                            VA7DGP-6  DX CLuster
                            va7dgp-11 BBS CHAT

                            into Port 4 (UZ7HO)

                            I also have 14105 Net on. I'll be putting that on next with other Channel B Port 8001.

                            Same thing..I see the different ID-INFO coming across with their ports. etc

                            Don va7dgp

                            --
                            Don Poaps
                            New Westminster, BC
                            VA7DGP

                          • Dean
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 19, 2014
                              I'm trying to set up a personal mailbox system using WINMOR and SignaLink USB and BPQ32 Mail Server.�� But what software do most users use in this case?�� A friend is trying to use RMS Express in WINMOR P2P mode, and he connects ok, but he cannot type in "?" to get a list of commands or anything .....there is no place to directly type in RMS Express. �� So what software can he use to connect to my mailbox?

                              73, Dean
                              CA1JDM

                            • n9acq
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 19, 2014

                                Dean

                                                Just about any packet or terminal program could be used, if it supports the KAM+. You might try V4 which is a terminal program that uses the WINMOR TNC.

                                73 Bill

                                N9ACQ

                              • Dean

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 19, 2014
                                    When my TNC works. I have had users log in via RMS express to va7dgp-10. If it's p2p. They would be to connect direct or via a dipeater. So I will be use my call and a friends call going via a repeater.

                                    C va7spk v ve7tel-8. My friend lives on the other side of the mountain. I can't connect direct but I can connect via the repeater.

                                    Or if using script. Use this
                                    C ve7tel-8   ( repeater
                                    Conn
                                    C va7spk ( my friends call on the otherside
                                    Conn        ( of the mountain

                                    That's how I do it using the terminal and in rms script as well.

                                    Dean
                                    In Bpq32 config do you have the CMS telnet setup for ca1jdm-10 plus your Callsign?

                                    My users log in and get connect and I see the  various telnet server show if they use the terminal. Ie RMS > Help> RMS Simple terminal. They connect by
                                    C VA7DGP-10. they can type ( ? Or help)
                                    Then the CMS telnet will show the help.
                                    LM will list mail.

                                    I thinks that's what your talking about.

                                    Don va7dgp

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 19, 2014

                                      Dean

                                                      That is how I have a Paclink channel set up to a BPQ VCPOM port. The more I think about it the KAM+ is for the BPQ VCOM port.

                                      73 Bill

                                      N9ACQ

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 20, 2014

                                        Dean,

                                        RMS Express is a mail client – it will upload any messages the user has written, and download any messages from the BBS that are addressed to him. This is all automatic – there is no need (and no way) to input commands manually.