The New BPQ to RMS Interface testing so far

  • Jeff Thomas - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2008
      John,

      Looks much better than before. I'm pushed well over half a meg of
      outgoing 100kb test messages into it so far via a 9.6k RF link without
      any sign of the previous issues of timeout/stuck connections in RMS.

      I am seeing a oddity I haven't seen before. While sending these
      messages, it look like towards the end of the 2nd 100k message I will
      get a RNR back from RMS on RF (Rcv Not Ready) and transfer stalls.
      Looks like a couple minutes later (when the T3 timer checks the link?)
      it takes off with the transfer again. On the 3rd message these RNR
      stalls get much more frequent, aka it seems to get worse and worse
      once it starts.

      Closing and launching RMS Packet again does not help. Seems that I
      have to close both it and BPQ32 to get things back to normal. Then
      towards the end of msg 2 this pattern repeats.

      Got some more testing to do and I haven't tried pulling messages in
      yet, just sending messages out from RF. BPQ stats look healthy.

      Again, the old issue of the transfer dying and the connection
      remaining stuck in RMS till a restart of RMS, has not show up yet.
      Looks like we're definitely on the right track.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO