RE: [BPQ32] RMS and BPQ32

  • Rick Muething
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008

      John,

      Sounds like you’re making good progress on the RMS<> BPQ interface. Thanks a lot.

      At the DCC a few weeks ago Vic and I had some requests to build some more optimized drivers (including radio control) for the Kenwood DM-710.  As you may know this has a built in TNC that can operate in KISS mode. Unlike its earlier brothers however (DM-700 and D-7) it has a new Tasco TNC chip with more adequate buffering and hardware flow control which should eliminate the problems seen using AGW with those earlier models. Lee K0QED has tested the DM-710 successfully with RMS and AGW.

      My question:  Do you know if your RMS<>BPQ interface will work with the D-710 running it in KISS mode?

      We can probably set up a test when you are ready with Lee or someone else that has one if you would like.

      Thanks,

      Rick Muething, KN6KB

      Winlink Development Team

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008
        I'd be glad to help out with some testing with the TM-D710 and the new
        interface. I am new to BPQ32 so I may have a few startup/config
        questions.

        73, Lee K0QED