RMS and BPQ32

  • WS7I
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008
      The new RMS link into BPQ worked fine John.  Ran all night and several users tested it via RF as well as telnet access to the node.  The combination is quite good.

      Ran a couple of large files and they worked fine.  40K over a 1200 baud VHF link through a node and that worked okay as well.

      This gives our entire network here in Eastern Washington additional capability.

      Glad to see Hank is adding it into his system in Oregon as well.

      Jay

    • Rick Muething
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008

        John,

        Sounds like you’re making good progress on the RMS<> BPQ interface. Thanks a lot.

        At the DCC a few weeks ago Vic and I had some requests to build some more optimized drivers (including radio control) for the Kenwood DM-710.  As you may know this has a built in TNC that can operate in KISS mode. Unlike its earlier brothers however (DM-700 and D-7) it has a new Tasco TNC chip with more adequate buffering and hardware flow control which should eliminate the problems seen using AGW with those earlier models. Lee K0QED has tested the DM-710 successfully with RMS and AGW.

        My question:  Do you know if your RMS<>BPQ interface will work with the D-710 running it in KISS mode?

        We can probably set up a test when you are ready with Lee or someone else that has one if you would like.

        Thanks,

        Rick Muething, KN6KB

        Winlink Development Team

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008
          I'd be glad to help out with some testing with the TM-D710 and the new
          interface. I am new to BPQ32 so I may have a few startup/config
          questions.

          73, Lee K0QED