RMS / AGWtoBPQ / PACLINK / SNOS / Vista ...

  • w0rli
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2008
      I'm currently playing with WL2K RMS, looking into various ways to
      integrate it into our packet network. The setup of BPQ was pretty
      easy, using 4.10e, and RMS is now a node on our NET/ROM network.
      I'm running it on Vista 64 Ultimate, no problems seen so far.

      You can telnet into our network: dmascs.w0rli.net will get you
      my SNOS node, a connect to W0RLI-2 will get you the RMS. Just
      use your callsign as login and password to SNOS.

      ... Hank
    • Jeff Thomas - WA4ZKO
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008
        Looks pretty nice Hank.

        If you are using AGWtoBPQ to interface to RMS Packet, you might want
        to stress test it a bit. Curious to see if you get random stuck
        connections in RMS Packet during message transfers. Might try pushing
        a few 50k-100k test messages into RMS Packet via your 9600 ports and
        see if it stumbles after a bit.

        73
        Jeff
        WA4ZKO

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "w0rli" <horedson@...> wrote:

        > I'm currently playing with WL2K RMS, looking into various ways to
        > integrate it into our packet network. The setup of BPQ was pretty
        > easy, using 4.10e, and RMS is now a node on our NET/ROM network.
        > I'm running it on Vista 64 Ultimate, no problems seen so far.
        >
        > You can telnet into our network: dmascs.w0rli.net will get you
        > my SNOS node, a connect to W0RLI-2 will get you the RMS. Just
        > use your callsign as login and password to SNOS.
        >
        > ... Hank

      • Hank Oredson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008
          Have dropped AGWtoBPQ, John emailed the latest release to me.

          It is working fine here. Stress testing is a bit of an issue, since I'm
          on the "inside" of the network, so as to speak, and have no way to
          connect into the network via RF. I will ask one of the local sysops
          to do some tests via the 9600 links and see how well it works.

          There is very little use of WL2K here, but a lot of packet activity ...