Radio Control with BPQ32

  • wb2ftx
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 4 1:08 PM
      Is there a list of radios that can be controlled with BPQ32?

      Dave WB2FTX
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 4 1:24 PM

        Dave,

        There isn’t a definitive list.

        It should work with any ICOM Kenwood or Flex radio, as these have standard CAT control codes. Yaesu have a range of command sets. The FT100 and FT2000 are specifically included, and any radios with the same command set should work. Most other Yaesu sets follow the another standard, but I don’t have a list. If you have a particular radio in mind I can check it if I can find a manual.

        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 4 1:25 PM
          Works fine with Yaesu FT-1000D for sure.

          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 4 1:41 PM
            John,

            I have a FT-100D so that is covered... I was particularly interested in Kenwood radios, specifically the TS-450S and the TS-140S both of which use the same
            Kenwood protocol, I think.

            Dave WB2FTX

            On 2/4/2014 4:24 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

            Dave,

            There isn’t a definitive list.

            It should work with any ICOM Kenwood or Flex radio, as these have standard CAT control codes. Yaesu have a range of command sets. The FT100 and FT2000 are specifically included, and any radios with the same command set should work. Most other Yaesu sets follow the another standard, but I don’t have a list. If you have a particular radio in mind I can check it if I can find a manual.

            Is there a list of radios that can be controlled with BPQ32?

            Dave WB2FTX

            No virus found in this message.

          • T L Roberson
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 4 1:57 PM

              Dave
              The Kenwood ts450 and the ts140 will not work because I tried the 450 but had to go to ts850
              Robby

              Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

              Is there a list of radios that can be controlled with BPQ32?

              Dave WB2FTX

              No virus found in this message.

            • n9acq
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 4 2:05 PM

                Dave

                                Check if the radios require TTL level.  I know the TD-85o and the TS-50/60 are TTL level.

                73 Bill

                N9ACQ

              • David Struebel

                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 4 3:30 PM
                    Bill,

                    Yes but I have the Kenwood IF-232C which converts the TTL levels in RS-232C serial port levels.  And now days you can buy
                    third party aftermarket cables that provide the functionality of this level convertor in the cable itself

                    Dave

                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 4 3:32 PM

                      Dave

                      Protocol has nothing to do with the signal levels. I suspect the RS-232 level was instituted when processors were added to control the radios functions, rather than just frequency. Check manuals for the definitive word.

                      73 Bill

                      N9ACQ

                    • David Struebel
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 4 3:39 PM
                        Bill,

                        See my note on the TTL to RS-232C level convertor... All Kenwood radios of that era only had a TTL interaface and you needed the level convertor to connect it to a serial port..
                        Newer Kenwoods have an actual DB-9 serial port and the very new one might even have a USB port.
                        In any case they still use the same control protocol unlike Yaesu which has used three different protocols to date

                        Dave

                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 4 3:47 PM

                          Dave

                                          I have 2 level converters and have in the past built a few for early computer interfaces that did not have RS-232 signal levels for modems. Just covering this topic in case.

                          73 Bill

                          N9ACQ

                        • Tadd Torborg
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 6 9:21 PM
                            I’m looking for notes and information about macbpq. I found two sources to download something called macbpq but I can’t figure out what it is.

                            Thanks for any input.

                            Tadd KA2DEW
                          • Tadd Torborg
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 6 9:32 PM
                              addendum… I am a MacOSX Mavericks user and am looking for the ability to get an incoming packet connect from users that naviage a Pi-Lin-BPQ packet network.

                              I’m looking for notes and information about macbpq. I found two sources to download a file called macbpq but I can’t figure out what it is or what to do with it.
                              Thanks for any help in getting it running.

                              Tadd KA2DEW

                              Tadd Torborg
                              tadd@...

                              On Feb 7, 2014, at 12:21 AM, Tadd Torborg <tadd@...> wrote:

                              > I’m looking for notes and information about macbpq. I found two sources to download something called macbpq but I can’t figure out what it is.
                              >
                              > Thanks for any input.
                              >
                              > Tadd KA2DEW
                            • Harold Kinchelow
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 6 9:40 PM

                                Macbpq is just the mac version of linbpq.  It is ran from a terminal window

                                On Feb 6, 2014 9:32 PM, "Tadd Torborg" <tadd@...> wrote:
                                addendum…  I am a MacOSX Mavericks user and am looking for the ability to get an incoming packet connect from users that naviage a Pi-Lin-BPQ packet network.

                                I’m looking for notes and information about macbpq.  I found two sources to download a file called macbpq but I can’t figure out what it is or what to do with it.
                                  Thanks for any help in getting it running.

                                Tadd KA2DEW

                                Tadd Torborg
                                tadd@...

                                On Feb 7, 2014, at 12:21 AM, Tadd Torborg <tadd@...> wrote:

                                > I’m looking for notes and information about macbpq.  I found two sources to download something called macbpq but I can’t figure out what it is.
                                >
                                > Thanks for any input.
                                >
                                >   Tadd KA2DEW

                                <*> Your email settings:
                                    Individual Email | Traditional

                                <*> To change settings online go to:
                                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                                <*> To change settings via email:
                                    BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                    BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              • K7ILO
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 6 10:32 PM
                                  Oh BTW.

                                  I think John still keeps this updated with the latest...
                                  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/macbpq

                                  Harold
                                  K7ILO

                                  addendum. I am a MacOSX Mavericks user and am looking for the ability to
                                  get an incoming packet connect from users that naviage a Pi-Lin-BPQ packet
                                  network.

                                  I'm looking for notes and information about macbpq. I found two sources to
                                  download a file called macbpq but I can't figure out what it is or what to
                                  do with it.
                                  Thanks for any help in getting it running.

                                  Tadd KA2DEW

                                  Tadd Torborg
                                  tadd@...

                                  On Feb 7, 2014, at 12:21 AM, Tadd Torborg <tadd@...> wrote:

                                  > I'm looking for notes and information about macbpq. I found two sources
                                  to download something called macbpq but I can't figure out what it is.

                                  > Thanks for any input.
                                  >
                                  > Tadd KA2DEW

                                  ------------------------------------

                                  Yahoo Groups Links
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 7 2:19 AM
                                    Tadd,

                                    It is linbpq compiled for a Power PC based MAC. I build it on a system
                                    running OS-X Darwin.

                                    The lastest version is at

                                    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq

                                    I don't have access to an Intel based MAC to build a version for that
                                    platform.

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 7 7:34 AM

                                        Tadd,

                                        Robert, KK5VD has just sent me this.

                                        https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq-10.8-intel.zip

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 8 7:13 AM
                                            John,
                                            What MacOSX/PowerPC chip version do you have. I'm at the point where you can start modifying the KISS interface to support the specific command set FLDIGI will have. I'll compile a binary for PowerPC and pass it along.

                                            Robert

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 8 10:35 AM

                                              Robert,

                                              Not sure of the processor, except it Is a Power PC. System is OSX 10.3.9 Darwin .

                                              But I’d prefer to test on either Windows or Ubuntu Linux (386).

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 8 11:23 AM
                                                That's either a g3 or g4 processor, I can compile a M$ Windows binary if you prefer and that would be a good test of the software for compatibility anyways.

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Mar 9, 2014
                                                  I am running on a mac (Mavericks -- Intel Based) and I understand there is a version of macbpq that is now compatible with Intel based Macs, is that correct?  Does anyone have the link and the information on setting this up?
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Mar 9, 2014

                                                    This should work, though I can’t test it myself.

                                                    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq-10.8-intel.zip

                                                    Setup is much the same as for Linbpq. See https://sites.google.com/site/bpq32wiki/home/installing-linbpq

                                                    73, John

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , May 7, 2015

                                                        hi all

                                                        i downloaded macbpq file. But i can not open it.

                                                        what file format is to be able to extract it or be able to run it?

                                                        i wanted to install it on my mac partition.

                                                        ken n1dot

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , May 8, 2015

                                                          Ken,

                                                          What kind of MAC do you have? Macbpq is an executable, so you should be able just make it executable and run it. But it is for the older Power PC based MACs. Robert kk5vd has built binaries for Intel based MACS, but I can’t find a link at the moment. I think he monitors this list, so may be able to help.

                                                          73, John

                                                          Message 28 of 29 , May 8, 2015
                                                            hi john

                                                            it is a intel based x86 dual core running osx 10.9. so it most likely will not run i have tried it.
                                                            i will have to stick with my windows setup on the 32 bit pc.

                                                            ken n1dot

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , May 8, 2015
                                                              Hello Ken, John.

                                                              Look here, the program requires MacOSX 10.8 or higher.
                                                              w w w ( d o t ) w 1 h k j ( d o t ) c o m ( f o r e s l a s h ) k k 5 v d

                                                              I have not posted the latest version, there is a shared memory issue with the APRS program for which I have not resolved yet. Though, I'm thinking it's the same issue with WSJT where the requested memory allocation size exceeds the limit imposted by the operating system. Because the initial allocation works and the expanded request fails.

                                                              Robert