SCS PTC-IIpro and Robust Packet

  • vk2na
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2014

      Can anyone give me some guidance on getting RP on PTC-IIpro configured on Port 1 of the TNC ports?

      I've currently got the SCS Pactor config file at this stage.

      Is it possible?

      Cheers,

      Dave.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2014

        Dave,

        So long as you have the DSP-Modem-II installed, you should be able to add the following to the config:

        PACKETCHANNELS 10             ; Or However many connects you want to allow

        PAC BAUD 1:R600

        You may also need to set other packet params, such as TXDelay, e.g.

        PAC TXD 1:250

                                For the SCS DSP-Modem-II: R300, R600, 300, 1200, 9600, 19200.

        Some digipeater work with higher baudrate in direction to the user than at the Upload side, e.g. Digi 􀃆User 19k2 and User 􀃆Digi 9k6.

        The Baud command accepts two arguments, e.g.

        pac: Baud 19200 9600 <Return>

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2014

          Thanks John.

          I will add those settings tomorrow.

          I'll let you know how I go.  I did see those on the documentation.  I'll let you know how I go.

          Cheers,

          Dave.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 31, 2014

            I’ve found that with the latest released software in some circumstances incoming Pactor calls to an SCS TNC are being ignored. If you use an SCS Pactor controller it is probably worth installing this update.

            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/bpq32.zip

            bpq32.dll should be installed in your system32 folder on 32 bit versions of Windows, and syswow64 on 64 bit systems.

            New versions of linbpq and pilinbpq can be found at

            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq

            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/pilinbpq

            73,

            John G8BPQ

          • vk2na
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 31, 2014

              Yes John... that works nicely.... Thanks very much.

              Is there a way to get my robust packet port on 4 beaconing.  I have BTINTERVAL set to 45 in the general config... can this be used in the port settings at a 3 minute interval ~ just for that port?

              Cheers,

              Dave

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 31, 2014

                Dave,

                I’m afraid you can’t send beacons on the packet ports on the PTC.

                73, John

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 8, 2014

                  Hi John,

                  I have almost finished my setup... I am thinking of getting the SCS tracker for my HF packet port.

                  Do you know if:

                  1) SCS Tracker and monitor both 300baud and Robust Packet connects and respond to either?

                  2) Can it send Unproto Beacons in 300 baud or RP so people can recognise my station exists?

                  Technical:  My setup is linbpq on ubuntu.

                  Regards,

                  Dave.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 8, 2014

                    Dave,

                    I’ve read that the Tracker can listen for both modes, but that may only be for APRS. You could BPQ’s scanner to alternate between the two modes.

                    You may be able to use the APRS features of the Tracker to send beacons, but BPQ won’t be able to do it until there is a Linux version of UI Util.