BPQ using Winmor and UZ7HO on networked PC?

  • vk2na
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2014
      Hi,

      I am using linbpq and was wondering if it is possible to use UZ7HO soundmodem on a separate XP box.

      In the CONFIG: Could the path to the application reflect a local network?

      ADDR 192.168.1.22 8000 PATH \\XPBOX\uz7ho\SoundModem.exe

      Cheers

      de Dave
      VK2NA
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29, 2014

        Dave,

        You can have

        ADDR 192.168.1.22 8000

        but you will have to start UZ7HO manually on the XP machine.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 29, 2014
          Many thanks John,

          I will give it a run and let you know how I get on ...

          Regards,

          Dave
        • K7ILO
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 29, 2014
            I use the UZ7HO soundmodem with my macbpq fine.
            I dont use the path settings being that I dont really have a need for bpq to start UZ7.
            I just log into my remote pc and start it up that way.
            My line looks like this...

            config
            addr 172.27.3.2 8000

            Harold
            K7ILO

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 29, 2014

              Fantastic.  Thanks Harold... appreciate the response.

              I was going to use my scs PTC II pro for a 2m link, but have decided to use that for pactor and robust packet links on HF instead.

              de Dave

              VK2NA

            • vk2na
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 29, 2014