BPQ32 with Windows 7 64 bit and TINY2?

  • mtaylo1987
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2014

      Hi

      I have BPQ32 setup and talking to a Paccomm TINY-2 in Kiss mode using a USB to serial converter, but I am getting no data in the monitor window.

      I also have a Vista machine using AGWPE to my TH-F7E  and that works fine. I just wondered if there was some issue with Win 7 and/or serial comms to a Tiny2 on Win 7?

      Talking to the Tiny2 direct with Tera-Term is fine, so is APRSIS32. Therefore I believe comms to the Tiny2 are fine. The TNC serial port is running at 4800 baud. The USB->serial adapter can be found on COM17.

      I have tried run BPQ32 in compatibility mode and also as Administrator. The DLL file appear to be in installed and is in the directory c:\windows\sysWOW64. Version according to the console is 6.0.4.1.

      Any help or suggestions very much appreciated.

      Thanks

      Mike

      PORTNUM=1  ; Optional but sets port number if stated
       ID=BPQ 147.525 MHz ; Displayed by PORTS command
       TYPE=ASYNC  ; Port is RS232 Com
       PROTOCOL=KISS  ; TNC is used in KISS (or JKISS) mode
      ; See ..\RelatedFiles\KissRoms\KissRoms.zip.
       FULLDUP=0  ; Only meaningful for KISS (or JKISS) devices
       COMPORT=17  ; 1 = SERIAL PORT COM1 ETC.
       SPEED=9600  ; RS232 COM PORT SPEED
       CHANNEL=A  ; A for single channel TNC, A or B for multichannel
       PERSIST=64  ; PERSIST=256/(# of transmitters-1)
       SLOTTIME=100  ; CMSA interval timer in milliseconds
       TXDELAY=300  ; Transmit keyup delay in milliseconds
       TXTAIL=30  ; TX key down, in milliseconds, at packet end
       QUALITY=192  ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
         ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
         ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
       MINQUAL=168  ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
         ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
         ; of 0 sends everything.
       MAXFRAME=7  ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
       FRACK=5000  ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
       RESPTIME=1000  ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
       RETRIES=5  ; Level 2 maximum retry value
       PACLEN=236  ; Default max packet length for this port
       UNPROTO=BPQP1  ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
       BCALL=MYCALL-10  ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to APPL1CALL
       L3ONLY=0  ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
       DIGIFLAG=1  ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
       DIGIPORT=0  ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
       USERS=0  ; Maximum number of L2 sessions, 0 = no limit

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2014
        Try updating to the latest version. (6.0.5.1). There was a problem with the one you are running with some USB Serial adapters.

        The reelase note for the new version is message no 12176. Make sure you read the waring about chages to the Mail database format before installing.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2014

          Hi John

          i think thats fixed it, cheers

          mike